Running trail on Half Moon Cay HAL's private island

imae39

I recently picked up a new HAL brochure. On the page pictureing Half Moon Cay and the activities there I saw a marked running trail. Does anyone know if this a complete loop and the distance? What is the surface composed of?

The brochure I have shows the map of Half Moon Cay and disignates a running trail. So this must be new. Perhaps someone visiting the island soon can respond regarding the trail and the surface.

I just looked at a picture I took of the sign at HFC in February of this year. The walking/running area is designated from the dining area to the Lookout Bar to the Water Sports Center then back to the Dining Pavilion.

It states five laps equals three miles.

My husband runs the running trails on Half Moon Cay every time we are there (he probably run for a little over an hour, about 7-8 miles (unsure how many loops)...it is one of his favorite things to do... I will clarify with him when I see him tomorrow...but I seem to remember it is blacktop type of material... whatever it is he loves to run there (so I know it is not gravel, stone or sand)...DB

Thanks for the information regarding the running trail. Do you recall if it is sand, stones or ??

We walked from the Dining Pavilion north to the water sports area and as I recall, the path "north" was a blacktop and the rest was dirt and sand. I just looked at a picture I took in January at the sports area and its a dirt/sand path.

Just was able to talk to my DH and he confirmed it is asphalt,(he ran it in April of this year)...unsure of the distance around the loop but he thinks it is at least a mile.... I do seem to remember reading something about distance, maybe it was on one of the brochures on board.... DB

• 3 years later...

This is a great run- and so much better to talk about than the previous thread about running on the promenade of the Eurodam! It is asphalt-ish and I ended up somewhere near horse stables- not sure if I was on a service road or the designated "path". Either way it was hot, but beautiful! You will find me there in less than two weeks!

Running on the beach sounds like a dream- but it is HARD work. Maybe if I ever caught on to the barefoot running trend it would be more enjoyable.

This is a great run- and so much better to talk about than the previous thread about running on the promenade of the Eurodam! It is asphalt-ish and I ended up somewhere near horse stables- not sure if I was on a service road or the designated "path". Either way it was hot, but beautiful! You will find me there in less than two weeks!

Running on the beach sounds like a dream- but it is HARD work. Maybe if I ever caught on to the barefoot running trend it would be more enjoyable.

Hey HALrunner - thinking you might be on our Feb 7th cruise? We'll watch for you on the paths!

I would highly recommend doing barefoot training when you can. Whether it be beach, grass, or any place else you can find comfortable. Learning the correct running techniques barefoot translates into proper form in shoes.

I ran minimalist for a couple years (Vibram Bakila's) which did a lot for my running economy (still need more improvements). I didn't like them for anything longer then a half marathon or for trails, so I rarely use them anymore. But I run bare on the beach when ever I can. Of course, I have 5 different pairs of active footwear depending on what I'm doing.

W8ing2Cruz- We will have to connect at the m&g! Are you planning any other port runs?

Didn't mean to mislead - we will catch you on the paths - I'm a walker. You will see my husband and I in the Fitness Center as many mornings as we can. We started a Challenge on January 11 through March 11 and will be trying to stay on track. In the meantime - enjoy your runs and we'll see you onboard.