I don't understand what Carnival is doing....

Christine in MO

I have been checking the Carnival web-site daily for any price drop on our ES rate for the Nov 6 sailing of the Elation. Unfortunatly, the price has continually gone up (no OBC for me) but in the last couple of days theu will remove OV for a few days & only have Insides and Suites available. Then they will put OV back up and take the Suites off. But right now all 3 catagories are listed as available. Is this Carnivals way of filling the cabins that they want to fill or are people actually cancelling this close to sail date?

I have been checking the Carnival web-site daily for any price drop on our ES rate for the Nov 6 sailing of the Elation. Unfortunatly, the price has continually gone up (no OBC for me) but in the last couple of days theu will remove OV for a few days & only have Insides and Suites available. Then they will put OV back up and take the Suites off. But right now all 3 catagories are listed as available. Is this Carnivals way of filling the cabins that they want to fill or are people actually cancelling this close to sail date?

This is common as the cruise approaches. TAs will release unsold cabins back to Carnival and they will appear on the web site...

:)

Your thread title is similar to what I came here to ask about, so I hope you don't mind my slipping in here and asking a question. :D

What I don't understand:

For weeks, I have noticed that Carnival is offering availability for Cat. 8D on my sailing - TN residency. There are 10+ staterooms available. However, when I key in a SC residency, it shows no availability for 8D's.

Why is that? There are also a few other Cats showing that way. :confused: Since the ship is sailing out of SC for my sailing, I thought that the prices would be less (looking for my family members) but instead, they have been higher all along.

Archived