OBC's & Deposits

Juliadlf

What is the typical OBC's we could expect to get when we book a Celebrity cruise? $75 per person?Does room category matter? Are there other perks we should be looking for?

I use to see specials for $100.00 deposits for the other cruiseline we sailed (but it has been 3 years). Does Celebrity offer those low deposits or is that a thing of the past?

We haven't cruised in 3 years and I haven't kept up on what is standard now.:o

Julia

Where will you be booking? An OBC is NOT an automatic and the amounts are all over the place. OFTEN (not all the time) the biggest OBC's will come with booking at a HUGE cruise only web based agency. They deal in so many cruise bookings that often they can give up some of their commisions and they will be able to run specials offered by Celebrity to their bigtime sellers. Another way to get a good OBC is from an agent who values your REPEAT business.

Celebrity DOES offer occasional sales where the deposit is cut in half. You have to watch for those.

We can get 7-8% or so OBC from our agent. OBC's are often based on the cost of the cruise. So on a longer Med cruise we could get $600. On a week's quickie we get $200. Some get more, many get less. Just takes hunting and lots of research. Nothing is "typical" .;) Other perks? Just give us the OBC and that's good for me. :)

Archived