Pre Paying For onboard Credit

bchristie1074

Hello,

We are sailing next month on the Carnival Destiny. We wanted to know if there was a way to pay extra before the cruise so we can have a credit on our sign and sail cards. The cruise is paid off and we wanted to pay about $100 a paycheck so we didn't have to worry about the costs after the cruise.

Thank you!

I bought fun ship dollars (and instead of getting an actual certificate) I had the amount applied as onboard credit. Just called and charged to my debit card.

Available in $25, $50, $100 and $500 denominations, customized Fun Ship Dollars can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as an onboard credit.

Our knowledgeable Fun Ship Dollar representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our Special Programs and Promotions department by telephone; toll free, at 1-800-906-7603 during the following hours:

Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 8:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing. Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted.

I have been buying them online the applying them to OBC. After you buy just write obc in address 1 then room number in address 2. I have a good amount now just buying small amounts over the past few months

i've been buying them online for the past several months, as well. "on board credit" in address line 1 and my "booking number" in address line 2. no issues whatsoever. :)

Correct, booking number works as well. It took 3 days to get confirmation email on my first, now its been within 8 hours.

I bought fun ship dollars (and instead of getting an actual certificate) I had the amount applied as onboard credit. Just called and charged to my debit card.

Available in $25, $50, $100 and $500 denominations, customized Fun Ship Dollars can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as an onboard credit.

Our knowledgeable Fun Ship Dollar representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our Special Programs and Promotions department by telephone; toll free, at 1-800-906-7603 during the following hours:

Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 8:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing. Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted.

I did the same thing - very easy, but it takes 2 or 3 days for it to show up on your paperwork. I was asked to only do it 2 weeks or more out, it is doable within 2 weeks, but causes a few headaches. Next week I am going to beef it up some more.

Hello,

We are sailing next month on the Carnival Destiny. We wanted to know if there was a way to pay extra before the cruise so we can have a credit on our sign and sail cards. The cruise is paid off and we wanted to pay about $100 a paycheck so we didn't have to worry about the costs after the cruise.

Thank you!

If you are using a credit card as your sign & sail - can you not just put money on your credit card.... that way you will have a credit balance & whatever is charged will already be paid for..... Just a thought

I just added onboard credit my my cruise. Just call Carnival and and for the promotions department. They'll put on your onboard credit for whatever amount you want!!!! Plus the female agent I spoke with was SOOOOO nice!

If you are using a credit card as your sign & sail - can you not just put money on your credit card.... that way you will have a credit balance & whatever is charged will already be paid for..... Just a thought

Most credit cards will not allow you to make a payment that exceeds your balance. Nice idea, though.

Most credit cards will not allow you to make a payment that exceeds your balance. Nice idea, though.

Maybe there is a difference from US vs Canadian credit cards?? I can have a credit balance on my cards..... (I usually don't though!)

But if you can have an OBC with Carnival - that is great too. I agree it would be better to pre-pay now & have less to pay later :)

I'm just wondering if I put money into my OBC can those funds go towards my automatic gratuity?

Yes... OBC will be posted as a credit to your S&S bill, so it will be applied to anything charged on your S&S. BTW... you can also pre-pay your gratuities if you want, just call Carnival. And please... let's try not to turn this into another crazy tipping thread, just offering assistance here. :D

Make sure you have proof of these transactions. They had mine messed up by 100 dollars. I have found it best to do it online, you then get an email with the transaction. The one I did by phone ended up being a mess. Have all information with you when you board.

Question about doing this- is the OBC tied to a cabin or to a booking #? The reason I ask is we are going to be switching cabins once we get on board (had to book a certain way to get discounts). Right now I am booked with my sister in law and my brother is booked with my boyfriend (I will be switching to the cabin my bf and my bro is booked in). So could I just do the OBC to the cabin I'll be moving to, or will it get messed up when my brother moves out of that cabin?

Question about doing this- is the OBC tied to a cabin or to a booking #? The reason I ask is we are going to be switching cabins once we get on board (had to book a certain way to get discounts). Right now I am booked with my sister in law and my brother is booked with my boyfriend (I will be switching to the cabin my bf and my bro is booked in). So could I just do the OBC to the cabin I'll be moving to, or will it get messed up when my brother moves out of that cabin?

Booking #. Make sure it is put in your name, then there will be no problem if you move.

Hello,

Thank you!

You can call carnival Bon Voyage Dept. and order cruise certificates/obc in 25.00 increments up to 500.00- so you can order 100.00 each pay day. Hope this helps. Julie G.

Archived