help

deltura231

Welcome to Cruise Critic! Excuse me for peeking, but I took a look at your other post. That asks about two couples sharing a cabin.

Here's a recent thread about two couples sharing a "SA", which is Holland America's largest and most expensive suite:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1280793

I wouldn't do this. Cruise ship cabins - even suites - are smaller than most hotel rooms. Regular cabins are tiny compared to hotel rooms, and at least one (maybe two) will have to crawl into a nasty upper berth, suitable only for small children (IMO).

Unless you get a suite the rooms on most ships are about the same size. The 2 other beds are upper bunks that fold down at night. They are quite close to the ceiling and not really designed for adults, but might be ok for a agile teen.

:confused:can you put 4 people in on cabin vs 2....cost lower ,bigger state room or what...

You need to check with your cruise line. Generally cabins are designated for a specific number of people (2 being the standard), and you can't just decide to stuff 4 people into a cabin!

Cruise cabins are significantly smaller than hotel rooms. 4 people in a hotel room might be do-able, where in a cabin they'd be falling over each other, with little privacy. This is not a good thing i fyou want to remain friends when the cruise is over!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! There is so much info to be had on this site, even though sometimes it takes a lot of reading.

I recently read a review in which the person posting wrote that it was two couples sharing one regular cabin with the specific intention of saving money. These two couples travel often together and save their money for excursions, etc. Their only issue was the ac in their cabin could not keep up when all four were in the room, especially when showering.

I believe it was a recent Princess review of a cruise to Alaska, possibly on the Sea Princess. It might be worth your time as you may pick up something useful for your situation.

We had three in a balcony room...it was very tight quarters especially if everyone is trying to get ready for formal night. Also, in our room the second bed was a hide away in the couch so once it was turned down you had to crawl over it to go out on the balcony. The third bed came down over the top of the queen bed, word has it you can't sit up in the lower bed when it is down. So you need to decide can you live with it. Some people can do it....for us even though it was our 18 year old daughter we will probably think long and hard before we share again. Especially since this cruise we will be two in an SY (sigh)

Sometimes it is even that much of a cost benefit. Pricing out cruise to Antarctica the past few days and the 3rd & 4th passenger was equivalent to 1st & 2nd.

I would get a Quad room for me & my kids but would not think about sharing with other adults-- would prefer to go to an inside vs this or just skipping a vacation-- but it's a personal choice.

We just recently stayed in the Penthouse & even sharing that with another couple likely would not have been desired for me -- would have rather had a smaller suite of my own

On our cruise last month on the Eurodam, 3 adults shared a SA Suite. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us, and more than plenty of closet space. I would not want to share a room with 2 other adults in a V catagory or lower and stick with the SA, SB, SC, SY, SZ... JMHO

With that being said. The pull out bed in the couch was not the most comfortable thing I have ever slept on. It was lumpy and would not lay completely flat. It really needed to have an egg crate put on it, and I should have asked if there was one, but didn't.

Archived