Norwegian Pearl February 27, 2011

catspajamasfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you been to Costa Maya or Roatan before....what are you planning to do at those ports?

We've not been to either before. I've done a lot of research and figuring out some ideas, but still thinking.

In Belize we're doing the Mayan Ruin excursion through NCL. In Key West we'll probably stay on the ship----Key West is one of my favorite places and have been there quite a few times--but the few short hours in port doesn't do it justice, so I think we'll just stay on the ship and enjoy a less crowded boat. So, we just need to finalize Roatan and Costa Maya.

Hey Ryan,

I'm in NY for business this week and it is frickin COLD up here, so I am here dreaming of the warm caribbean ...

Yes we've done the Western itinerary a couple times. At Costa Maya we are planning on doing a tour with Native choice, and at roatan the dolphin encounter. We did snorkeling there the last time (at Tabyana I think) and it was awesome walk-in snorkeling!

We're doing the Lamanai/river tour in Belize, and a snorkeling trip in Key West. It will actually be our first time in Key West, so we're excited about that stop!

• 1 month later...

My boyfriend Greg and I will be on this one! This is my second cruise and his first. We're very excited! I'm thinking about booking most of our excursions through independent tour companies on the islands as they seem to be better priced, although the travel agency we used (Crown Cruise Vacation out of Princeton) said we'd get a 15% discount through them so we'll see which turns out to be less expensive... As a 23 and 25 year olds, every penny saved still counts! But I suppose at any age that can be true!

I've only been on Celebrity before and they had a formal dining time, which I liked- so I'll be new to the "freestyle" cruising... Does everyone like it? How's the food? Celebrity's was really great, but I've heard they are known for that-

Also, we were allowed to bring aboard a bottle of wine each for our rooms with Celebrity last time I cruised... Is this the case with Norwegian? Thanks for your help and see you all on the 27th!

My boyfriend Greg and I will be on this one! This is my second cruise and his first. We're very excited! I'm thinking about booking most of our excursions through independent tour companies on the islands as they seem to be better priced, although the travel agency we used (Crown Cruise Vacation out of Princeton) said we'd get a 15% discount through them so we'll see which turns out to be less expensive... As a 23 and 25 year olds, every penny saved still counts! But I suppose at any age that can be true!

I've only been on Celebrity before and they had a formal dining time, which I liked- so I'll be new to the "freestyle" cruising... Does everyone like it? How's the food? Celebrity's was really great, but I've heard they are known for that-

Also, we were allowed to bring aboard a bottle of wine each for our rooms with Celebrity last time I cruised... Is this the case with Norwegian? Thanks for your help and see you all on the 27th!

Hi and welcome to NCL! As you can see from my screen name, I love cruising on NCL. As far as freestyle dining versus set dining times, there is a happy medium, which is that if you find a server you really like, just request to be seated in their section. We have had some awesome servers over the years and we always look for them on the first day or two of a cruise to see if they are on that ship. The food itself is subjective, of course, but I've had some pretty awesome meals on NCL. One thing to not miss is their soups - sounds strange, but they are REALLY good.

Regarding the wine, you can bring it on board but you'll pay NCL a corkage fee. Also, one wine tip - if you don't finish a bottle at a meal they will cork it for you and give you a slip that you keep and present to the server at the next meal, or at a bar, to retrieve the wine again.

Counting down the days!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived