Quite possibly the longest Sensation review ever!

jleiwig

i wonder if my kids will say i had/have them too

ps. don try hooked on phonics

thank you im not nearly as scared as i was about cruising im just more excited, could someone pleaseeeeee make the time go much much faster

This is the 3'd part of your "review" and I have not seen anything about your cruise yet.

DON

Well, Don, Sweetie, bless your heart. Just keep reading and enjoying this man's story, like the rest of us. We are enjoying this from the time he leaves home until he returns. We are having a virtual vacation through his generosity of taking time to tell us all of this. Or you can certainly skip ahead a few pages and get to the nitty-gritty strictly on-board parts of the review. You have a great now, you hear? ;););)

I was on the sailing immediately after yours, and I had a grand time as well. Thanks for sharing your experience here!!

I risked life and limb for this picture for you all and then got yelled at as it was a "secure" area and no photography was allowed.

1017001255.jpg

Now if you'd really wanted to 'break the rules' you'd have captured a shot of what's immediately inside the doors. :D

840298588_ZLkqo-L.jpg

I had heard stories on Cruise Critic and other forums that Skip wasn’t the best cruise director around, but not having anything to compare him to I found him funny and he ran the show well. I should also mention that he really didn’t have much of a presence over the PA system for the whole cruise which I thought was nice.

I've been fortunate to be on the same ship as Skippy on several previous occasions (usually Carnival Inspiration) and I was really surprised, and quite pleased, to realize he'd be the CD while onboard Carnival Sensation. I checked the Entertainment photo displays in the atrium when I first arrived. I'm glad to read you enjoyed him as well. He's a good guy! :)

• 1 month later...
great review!! we are going on the sensation jan. 13th. for a b2b. the spat with your wife, well, kinda sounds like my wife and i.:D
i know about freeport and nassau alot more than i thought!:) glad i read this thread, it was great and thank you!:)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='jleiwig'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]After dinner it was still about 20 minutes until show time, so I went to the Fantasia lounge to grab some seats. Everyone else returned to their stateroom to either change or get something warm for the newly renamed “iceberg” lounge (and not in the Titanic way either). It was a constant battle to save the four seats in the third row, and as show time got more near I got more and more annoyed. Does anyone seriously think they can come in 5 minutes before any type of show and expect that those seats next to me were open when darn near the whole theater was filled? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]I did scoot over a bit so an elderly gentleman and his wife could sit down, but that was it. I wasn’t making any more concessions nor making apologies for saving seats for the rest of my family. I was also getting annoyed that none of my party had shown up yet as we were seriously just a minute or two away from show time. My wife and in-laws finally entered the theater just as the cruise director came over the speakers and the fun team closed the curtains at the doors. They were seated in just enough time to order drinks for the show. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]The show this night was “Curves” which was an interesting show. Lots of thong outfits from the girl dancers, and way too tight outfits from the male singer as I’ve said before. It was ok if you like big revue type shows. I will say it was entertaining for about the first 10 minutes, but after that it’s just a blur of thongs, buttcheeks, and feathers for me. However the cruise director did warn people multiple times that it was pg-13, so no one can say they didn’t know what they were getting into. There was a curious bit with the male dancers in baseball uniforms in a locker room, singing a song from Anne I think. It was rather effeminate if you ask me, but what do I know right? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]After the show was over we all filed out and headed to our staterooms. My wife had to finish packing her things, and we had to get our overnight bag ready for Gatlinburg. We all decided that we would go to breakfast at the lido buffet since it opened a half an hour before we were to dock back in Port Canaveral. With everything packed up and ready to, we set the alarm for 6:15 am and sadly climbed into our bed for the last time. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]We woke up to the alarm and looked out the window for the last time, and saw we were already docked back in Port Canaveral. We went to the in-laws stateroom, and we all headed up to the lido buffet. It wasn’t very busy, so we were quickly able to eat and head back down to our stateroom to pick up our luggage for the self-assist debarkation.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

You can't save seats in the lounge, so the fact that your party wasn't there and you were getting annoyed over the fact that people were asking to seat there. You're lucky they didn't just sit down...

Wow! That was a wonderful story/review and thank you so much for writing it all down. We were on Sensation for my birthday cruise and had a great time as well. Have you picked out your next cruise yet? I have! We will be on the Miracle next Thanksgiving! Woo Hoo!!

[quote name='Two-Step'][quote name='jleiwig'][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3]It turns out that they were already up and were almost ready to go. We headed over to their stateroom. When we got there, my mother-in-law said she had gotten the note under the door, but couldn’t understand who would have wanted them to meet for drinks. As the southerners would say it was a bless her heart moment, along with a silent thought as to what nursing homes were available upon our return. [/SIZE][/FONT]

:) Belly laugh thanks!!! :D[/quote]

Me too, laughing out loud! I can't believe she was wondering who would want to have a drink with them:D:D:D Loving your review!

Archived