Visa's??

MAZANDSTEVE

Not sure where to post this:confused:

We need Visa's for parts of our cruise in Asia, does anyone know of a company who will deal with this for us, I think we will need about 3 different Visa's for different country's. Not sure where to start. Or do we need to apply for them all individually?

Which countries are you talking about exactly?

Most cruise lines will get the visa's for you and add any cost to your on board account. For instance, this year Costa provided the visa's for Indonesia and chaged it to my account. Whereas I had to get my own India visa since they do not have a visa upon arrival scheme.

Whoever you are cruising with should tell you on their website which visa they will be supplying and what it will cost you.

This is the information on Costa as an example...

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/before_board/documentation/travel.htm

As Goldryder's post, what visas are needed & whether the cruiselines organise them for you depends on the country you're visiting, your own nationality, whether you're flying in or out or just on a port-of-call, even whether you're overniting in port.

So you need to quote your nationality, the ports involved etc. to get a worthwhile replies.

Those of us on this board will do our best to help, but your best bet is to post the question on the Asia board - scroll down to "forum jump" at the bottom of this page & click on its little arrow, then scroll to Asia, in the Ports of Call section.

You could also check out the "roll-call" for your cruise.

This is a big & slightly complex website - so its a little confusing to get the hang of it, but stax of knowledgeable contributors & great info once you've mastered it.

You do need to get your visas right - in some cases, you may not even be allowed to board the ship unless you have in hand appropriate visas for your cruise.

John Bull

Which countries are you talking about exactly?

Most cruise lines will get the visa's for you and add any cost to your on board account. For instance, this year Costa provided the visa's for Indonesia and chaged it to my account. Whereas I had to get my own India visa since they do not have a visa upon arrival scheme.

Whoever you are cruising with should tell you on their website which visa they will be supplying and what it will cost you.

This is the information on Costa as an example...

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/before_board/documentation/travel.htm

Ok, looking into it more, I need only need a Visa for China and the ship will get the others. It looks like you are doing a similar itinery, we are doing Shanghai to Singapore.

Don't forget that if you mean China - Hong Kong then as a Brit we don't need visas otherwise you do.

My wife & I are doing the Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise from LA to Rome from Jan 5th next year & will visit three ports in India.

Having, many year ago, done Calcutta on the then Seadream Goddess we had to visit the Indian Embassy in London (from Bristol), queue and wait hours... a right pain the a....

Anyone here used the postal service available but we're worried about posting passports etc.

Regards

Vance - Bristol

Don't forget that if you mean China - Hong Kong then as a Brit we don't need visas otherwise you do.

My wife & I are doing the Seabourn Sojourn World Cruise from LA to Rome from Jan 5th next year & will visit three ports in India.

Having, many year ago, done Calcutta on the then Seadream Goddess we had to visit the Indian Embassy in London (from Bristol), queue and wait hours... a right pain the a....

Anyone here used the postal service available but we're worried about posting passports etc.

Regards

Vance - Bristol

When going to Shanghai you need a visa otherwise you cannot board the plane in the UK.

As for the postal visa service for India, I used it this year without any difficulties. You have to send a registered mal SAE with your passport & forms etc and they return everything with that envelope. You send everything to them registered too and can track progress online via their website. The process took6 days from me posting everything to them to receiving everything back from them. Very safe & efficient.

I will be using the postal service for my Shanghai visa next year too and do not have any problems with doing so.

Archived