Cabins for 4

QM2 fan

Does anyone have any photos of cabins that sleep 4?? Also,as our kids are 15 and 12,do you think we would be better off booking 2 adjacent cabins, as I'm wondering if we might be a bit cramped in a 4 berther?? We've only travelled in PG and QG before, but just want to do a short trip with the kids to see if they like it....

Does anyone have any photos of cabins that sleep 4?? Also,as our kids are 15 and 12,do you think we would be better off booking 2 adjacent cabins, as I'm wondering if we might be a bit cramped in a 4 berther?? We've only travelled in PG and QG before, but just want to do a short trip with the kids to see if they like it....

On the QM2 I think 2 adjacent cabins would be better when you have older children, like yourself. Only insides (D) and ocean views © are quad cabins. The 3rd and 4th beds come down from the ceiling.

You would have more room if you get adjoining cabins, plus a 2nd bathroom. An ocean view quad cabin was cramped even with just a 1 year old and a 5 year old.

We have always booked adjoining cabins for our family of 4. The price is the same to have 2 in 2 cabins or 4 in one. Since there is an interior door between the two connected cabins, it works for parents and kids. You essentially get a double-sized cabin with two bathrooms. These connectors are easily discernible on the deck plans and QM2's size means that there are many more connectors than on most ships.

The 4 berth cabins are the same size as 2 berth ones but they have two bunks in the ceiling which the steward will lower when he does the nightly service call. I can't imagine how crowded you would be with 4 grown people in such a tiny space. You must get two cabins.

On the QM2 I think 2 adjacent cabins would be better when you have older children, like yourself. Only insides (D) and ocean views © are quad cabins. The 3rd and 4th beds come down from the ceiling.

You would have more room if you get adjoining cabins, plus a 2nd bathroom. An ocean view quad cabin was cramped even with just a 1 year old and a 5 year old.

oh dear - it sounds like we are going to be snug in a 4 berth with a 2 and 5 year old next Summer. The kids places were free though so it would have been much more expensive to have two cabins and then have 1 adult and 1 child in each.

oh dear - it sounds like we are going to be snug in a 4 berth with a 2 and 5 year old next Summer. The kids places were free though so it would have been much more expensive to have two cabins and then have 1 adult and 1 child in each.

I would think that a 4 berth with small children might be ok, but I have no real experience of it. They like bunks and things so it would be fun putting them to bed. But you might be better with connecting cabins, other than financially of course. :(

Hi Cclarke. Yes, I think you will be snug, but is that a bad thing? You'll have no worries about your children climbing out of bed in the middle of the night without your knowing about it! :)

While there are obvious challenges, having your young children in the same cabin is not only a cost savings, but it also provides you with peace of mind since they won't be able to wander about (day or night) without you being aware of their movements.

You didn't mention what category you booked, from my experience of B4 thru AA categories, there are two beds (single beds that when combined make a king size bed) and a fold-out couch that would sleep two young children comfortably. Just my humble opionion: avail yourself of a special offer where children sail at no additional charge, save the difference in cost of booking one cabin rather than two for your next voyage. Assuming of course, that you want to repeat the experience. :)

Best of luck to you and your family, and may you always stay close :)

Cheers,

Salacia

Hi Cclarke. Yes, I think you will be snug, but is that a bad thing? You'll have no worries about your children climbing out of bed in the middle of the night without your knowing about it! :)

While there are obvious challenges, having your young children in the same cabin is not only a cost savings, but it also provides you with peace of mind since they won't be able to wander about (day or night) without you being aware of their movements.

You didn't mention what category you booked, from my experience of B4 thru AA categories, there are two beds (single beds that when combined make a king size bed) and a fold-out couch that would sleep two young children comfortably. Just my humble opionion: avail yourself of a special offer where children sail at no additional charge, save the difference in cost of booking one cabin rather than two for your next voyage. Assuming of course, that you want to repeat the experience. :)

Salacia

Sorry, but B4 through AA do not accommodate quads. Maximum occupancy is triple. Not all will accept triples, either.

Sorry, but B4 through AA do not accommodate quads. Maximum occupancy is triple. Not all will accept triples, either.

Oh dear! I am sorry. Thanks for that correction ocngypz.

It did seem like a good solution...two adults and two kids I thought would fit just fine in B4 thru AA.:eek: Yikes, I have to call my sister-in-law right away and tell her to forget my suggestion for her & her kids :o

Thanks again Babette.

Regards,

Salacia

Yes, we're in a D grade inside with the kids (waitlisted for an oceanview which I think has more room) so it will be a squeeze. However, we did 16 nights this summer in a balcony cabin on P&O and the actual cabin size wasn't much bigger than on QM2. I am hoping my son will go on the upper berth this time, but we still need to fit in a travel cot/similar for the youngest. It is really frustrating that Cunard can't offer any 4 berth cabins with balconies or with a sofabed below Queens Grill.

My mum is flying to NY and doing the return leg with us, and normally I would have paid for one of the kids to go in with her for this part of the journey. However, if I move one of them they will not qualify for the free child's place in her cabin as they would have to pay the adult price as they would be the second occupant. Hope that makes sense!

Yes, we're in a D grade inside with the kids (waitlisted for an oceanview which I think has more room) so it will be a squeeze. However, we did 16 nights this summer in a balcony cabin on P&O and the actual cabin size wasn't much bigger than on QM2. I am hoping my son will go on the upper berth this time, but we still need to fit in a travel cot/similar for the youngest. It is really frustrating that Cunard can't offer any 4 berth cabins with balconies or with a sofabed below Queens Grill.

Yes, the oceanview would have a bit more room. You would be able to fit a small travel cot between the desk and the bed. In front of the desk would also work. Even in the inside you'll be a bit cramped, but it will be OK with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. In an inside I don't think the cot would fit between the desk and the bed, but I would think it could fit in front of the desk. It might be difficult to find a place to stash the coffee table, but I'm sure the cabin steward will be able to figure out a way for it to work.

I would recommend upgrading to the oceanview if its available, for the extra space. However, there are 2 disadvantages. They are all in the bow of the ship, so you would have more movement then you would midship. Also, the Play Zone is located in the stern. It's a very long walk from your cabin to the Play Zone, and from the Play Zone to your cabin.

Yes, the oceanview would have a bit more room. You would be able to fit a small travel cot between the desk and the bed. In front of the desk would also work. Even in the inside you'll be a bit cramped, but it will be OK with a 2 year old and a 5 year old. In an inside I don't think the cot would fit between the desk and the bed, but I would think it could fit in front of the desk. It might be difficult to find a place to stash the coffee table, but I'm sure the cabin steward will be able to figure out a way for it to work.

I would recommend upgrading to the oceanview if its available, for the extra space. However, there are 2 disadvantages. They are all in the bow of the ship, so you would have more movement then you would midship. Also, the Play Zone is located in the stern. It's a very long walk from your cabin to the Play Zone, and from the Play Zone to your cabin.

Thanks for this - really useful

Archived