Summit news, you guys are killing me!

fritzi164

You are so welcome. I am glad I can help. I love doing research and the group I sail with sometimes calls me "digger" because if it's out there I can usually find it. :D

I don't think 8172 has a larger balcony, but it's still nice. We loved ordering room service breakfast and sitting out on the balcony in the morning getting started for the day.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'll report back after my cruise on the Eclipse in December with more details. I will have plenty of pictures for sure.

I did see some pictures of Cabin 8172's balcony on some site which at the moment I can't remember the name but the balcony was huge. It had a table w/2 chairs as well as 2 loungers. We were on the Norwegian Jewel last year and had an aft cabin and loved it.

We were in 8172 on the Summit this May and the balcony is HUGE. It's almost the size size has the cabin. We had ten out there for a pre-dinner party and there was room to spare.

Not sure why my uploads are failing, will try again in a bit.

Kathy - this is the 1st time I know of that you've had incorrect info. My heart, my heart!!! :rolleyes: If I still can't post can I emailing you some pics to try?

Sara

We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit on Feb 5. Lucky enough to get Cabin 8172. looking forward to the large balcony. While my co workers are scrapping ice off their cars we can be out on our balcony having breakfast! Any idea on whether this room is any bigger than a regular balcony room. Thanks for posting so much great information Kathy

I don't think 8172 has a larger balcony, but it's still nice. We loved ordering room service breakfast and sitting out on the balcony in the morning getting started for the day.

I did see some pictures of Cabin 8172's balcony on some site which at the moment I can't remember the name but the balcony was huge. It had a table w/2 chairs as well as 2 loungers. We were on the Norwegian Jewel last year and had an aft cabin and loved it.

We were in 8172 on the Summit this May and the balcony is HUGE. It's almost the size size has the cabin. We had ten out there for a pre-dinner party and there was room to spare.

Not sure why my uploads are failing, will try again in a bit.

Kathy - this is the 1st time I know of that you've had incorrect info. My heart, my heart!!! :rolleyes: If I still can't post can I emailing you some pics to try?

Sara

Id love to see your pictures.

For some reason, the balcony photo from the railing towards the door just doesn't want to upload.

We have been on three different classes of Celebrity. The Summit had some of our most and least favorite things.

Loved the T-pool and Aqua Spa Cafe. The Cafe was actually right in the T-pool area, not a separate room.

Thought the buffet area was the weakest of the three ships we'd been on. But since we slept too late for breakfast, had lunched in the AQ Cafe and dinners in the MDR or Normandie (a-Mazing!!!) it really did not matter.

We also meet so many great people! From that aspect - our favorite cruise EVER. So, it's not always about the ship!

(Okay, Kathy, after this upcoming one it might move down to our 2nd favorite EVER :-D

Sara

1660298454_8172Balcony.jpg.32f91b21913c17476ae85676d7fb164a.jpg

2038634038_Ourcabin-NOT!.jpg.f17e4ff127728580c71a7d9c5a3978fa.jpg

Question for scf 1270 regarding large balcony, was that a concierge class balcony room?

Thanks again to all for your information re. The summit!

Yes, it's a C1. Most (but not all) of the M-Class C1's are the aft balconies.

Look on the X website or ********** dot com for deck plans. They are hugely helpful in cabin selection. I even print them out and make notes prior to our final decision (but I'm just anal that way :p)

Fritzi - most of the info I've been able to share with you I learn right here on Cruise Critic, so happy to "return the favor"!!!

Sara

We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit on Feb 5. Lucky enough to get Cabin 8172. looking forward to the large balcony. While my co workers are scrapping ice off their cars we can be out on our balcony having breakfast! Any idea on whether this room is any bigger than a regular balcony room. Thanks for posting so much great information Kathy

I sailed in cabin 8185 to Hawaii and these are CC cabins and are larger. We loved having breakfast on the balcony every morning.

Archived