cabin on Holland America 4174

Cygneagile

Had an aft cabin on HAL Amsterdam for their 2 week itinerary to Alaska. It was sheer heaven! I'm an aft fan forever now! No, we did not experience any noise from the engines, and even though we had one day of rather rough seas, did not feel that it was any worse there than anywhere else on the ship. Go, enjoy your wake view and your easy access up to the Lido. You're gonna love it!:D

The OP's cabin is not an aft balcony...it's "just" aft, on the Promenade deck. There will not be a view of the wake, nor is it "easy" access to the Lido (except by elevator, of course). However, there will be easy access to the Promenade deck itself...

Just don't book it thinking it's a balcony room...check the deck plans!!!

THank you for the tips

We are going to see what our TA can find

THe cabin was not at the end but the inside cabins just before.

we are now thinking for 6081 a bit more but right in the middle.

So the rough seas may not be a problem.

Julie

THank you for the tips

We are going to see what our TA can find

THe cabin was not at the end but the inside cabins just before.

we are now thinking for 6081 a bit more but right in the middle.

So the rough seas may not be a problem.

Julie

I just checked the deck plans and these do look like nice insides. We were in a SY6068 on the Westerdam and saw inside one of these I category and they did look larger. There is a picture of one of the insides on this deck at this link: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

The picture is on the Noordam but the Vista class ships are pretty similar in layout. Scroll down the page until you see this: I 6071 Large Interior Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck

We were on the Westerdam, also a Vista class ship with HAL, for our first cruise and loved it! Our upcoming cruise in May is going to be on the Noordam and we just went for the cheapest guarantee so I am sure we will be in an inside. The cruise is with my son and he didn't care what cabin we booked so I figured in that case we'll just go cheap!

diane

Archived