Medically prescribed marijuana

bodog402

My friends just went on a Carnival cruise and snuck marijuana onboard. They stuffed joints in a tube of toothpaste.

Great, thanks for posting this:mad:

That means my Crest toothpaste gets thrown out because it has been previously open and I have to by a travel size toothpaste tube for $6.00 in the gift shop.

.......can't wait for the "they took my toothpaste" and "how to smuggle on toothpaste" threads in the near future.:cool:

Wow...LOL

Conspiracy theories????

I wouldn't know if it was for medical purposes or not. No other pax on the ship would either. But if I or someone I cared about was going through chemo, or had an illness that pot would ease the pain/symptoms of in any way, I would want them to have it.

You should try to put yourself in that position before being to small minded. Do you have a spouse? Kids? Parents??

Imagine them sick from chemo....

If you still would deny them relief, well then, that's you. It certainly isn't me...

I have been through it! I also wouldn't be starting a thread on a public forum in order to get reactions!!! When my family member went through Chemo a cruise was the last thing that he would be going on during that time period for obvious reasons!

Definitely not a good idea to take a cruise while on Chemo. I'm surprised that she would want to go and that her family and Doctors would want her to go.

I'm sorry but this sounds like a troll to me!

I agree! And still on chemo even though she has been in remission for the last 6 months;)

I agree! And still on chemo even though she has been in remission for the last 6 months;)

My Aunt recently chose to have chemo after her second bout with breast cancer as a precaution against it coming back a third time. It was not a necessity. This may be the case for the OPs friend.

Definitely not a good idea to take a cruise while on Chemo. I'm surprised that she would want to go and that her family and Doctors would want her to go.

I'm sorry but this sounds like a troll to me!

My mother was on chemo and not doing that well she and my father asked the doctor if they could go on their yearly vacation and he encouraged it! As for family we were happy for her, how is it better to stay home and feel sorry for yourself? My mother was given 6 months but lived for 4 years because of her attitude and the fact that she lived every day! I hope you have a great time on your vacation and enjoy every minute of it.:o

My Aunt recently chose to have chemo after her second bout with breast cancer as a precaution against it coming back a third time. It was not a necessity. This may be the case for the OPs friend.

Interesting! My experience caring for a cancer patient tells me a doctor would be crazy to even suggest someone going thru chemo that it would be no problem to cruise. Too many carriers of diseases, viruses etc. in such tight quarters would be like playing russsian roulette. But then again there are alot of whack doctors out there too.

Not only that but the patient knows they won't be feeling up to par. So why not wait until chemo is over? If she is in remission she has been thru it before and knows how she will feel. Nah I'm not buying it.......

As far as the pot......it is feasible;) Just don't take it off at port and smoke it all before you leave.....

Interesting! My experience caring for a cancer patient tells me a doctor would be crazy to even suggest someone going thru chemo that it would be no problem to cruise. Too many carriers of diseases, viruses etc. in such tight quarters would be like playing russsian roulette. But then again there are alot of whack doctors out there too.

Not only that but the patient knows they won't be feeling up to par. So why not wait until chemo is over? If she is in remission she has been thru it before and knows how she will feel. Nah I'm not buying it.......

As far as the pot......it is feasible;) Just don't take it off at port and smoke it all before you leave.....

I'm only relaying why she may still be on chemo & in remission. I agree that any large public place is not beneficial while receiving treatment. My aunt would not have been cruising.

I'm only relaying why she may still be on chemo & in remission. I agree that any large public place is not beneficial while receiving treatment. My aunt would not have been cruising.

I know and thanks for your info........I kinda ramble on :D I had to take care of my mom while she was going thru treatment and there would be no way either that she would cruise.....

DISCLAIMER- I am not an oncologist but common sense indicates that the value of maintenance therapy, such as chemotherapy after the achievement of remission in cancer has never been clearly established. Just because someone with cancer is in remission doesn’t mean that possible un-locatable cancer cells may still re-metastasize at a later date thus the need to be on a maintenance drug therapy. My friend has been cancer free for a period of time and will probably be on maintenance drug ( chemotherapy) for the rest of her life due to her specific medical condition. Obviously in no way do I wish my friend any harm and come Christmas, if we can’t cruise because of her condition, then I will give away my cabin and spend this time with my friend at the beach or Disney. I hope this clears any trolling remarks !

I'm not an oncology nurse, but I believe in the case of breast cancer, many patients are put on oral chemo for at least a year or two after remission is achieved. It's not as brutal as the IV chemo, of course, but I have read that many patients don't particularly care for the side effects.

Have you stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, some cancer patients cruise while they're ill/in the worst-of-the-worst in their treatment cycles because maybe, just maybe, they know they might not live?

And maybe, just maybe, the couple or family wants to experience time together doing something fun--not just fighting the fight--while the cancer patient is still up to it?

I've had a bilateral mastectomy and have nearly lost my life twice to that battle.

I fully understand why a cancer patient may desire to cruise while on chemo. My husband and I have been right where this OP is, and I have NOTHING but sympathy and empathy for them.

To the OP: I am so sorry you and your friend are going thru this battle again. I think the one poster who suggested the lollipops offered the best advice.

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

[

To the OP: I am so sorry you and your friend are going thru this battle again. I think the one poster who suggested the lollipops offered the best advice.

Thank You and God Bless

I have been considering this issue since we booked the cruise and have finally decided to bring along edibles of some sort i.e. lollipops or gummi candy. It seems to be the easiest way to ingest some of the medicine and not have to worry about the issues of getting popped, where to smoke etc. Have your friend visit some of her local dispensaries for advice.

My mom is a 25 year breast cancer survivor as is her sister. Enjoy your friend, no matter where you guys go. I totally get it.

I'll take a stoner over a drunk anyday.

I don't want either one!

A 15 year old boy was walking home from school one afternoon in Mesa I believe and was hit from behind by a car driving on the sidewalk. The only thing the driver was on was pot.

Legalize it and you'll have drunks AND stoners on the road. Which would rather take then?

OP ~ I tend to side with those who advise to wait until your friend isn't comprimised by the chemo before exposing herself to all the germ and such from an enclosed, confined space. Good luck to her, she's in my prayers for a full recovery.

Have you stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, some cancer patients cruise while they're ill/in the worst-of-the-worst in their treatment cycles because maybe, just maybe, they know they might not live?

And maybe, just maybe, the couple or family wants to experience time together doing something fun--not just fighting the fight--while the cancer patient is still up to it?

I've had a bilateral mastectomy and have nearly lost my life twice to that battle.

I fully understand why a cancer patient may desire to cruise while on chemo. My husband and I have been right where this OP is, and I have NOTHING but sympathy and empathy for them.

Yes I have thought it thru....thanks.

I don't want either one!

A 15 year old boy was walking home from school one afternoon in Mesa I believe and was hit from behind by a car driving on the sidewalk. The only thing the driver was on was pot.

Legalize it and you'll have drunks AND stoners on the road. Which would rather take then?

OP ~ I tend to side with those who advise to wait until your friend isn't comprimised by the chemo before exposing herself to all the germ and such from an enclosed, confined space. Good luck to her, she's in my prayers for a full recovery.

I would rather have everyone keep their eyes on the road......including cell phone users:cool:

Are you NUTS?

We ALREADY have both on the road.

Legal alcohol does not create more drunks on the road than if alcohol were illegal. If you don't believe me, go to any "dry" county in the US.

Similarly, legal pot is not going to create more stoned drivers. That logic is more wasted than Cheech and Chong!

Are you NUTS?

Legal alcohol does not create more drunks on the road than if alcohol were illegal. If you don't believe me, go to any "dry" county in the US.

Similarly, legal pot is not going to create more stoned drivers. That logic is more wasted than Cheech and Chong!

No, not nuts, just saw the pain a mother went through buring her son from a drug people often call "harmless". And I think it will increase pot smoking drivers because in your own words, "I don't do it because it's illegal but if it were, sign me up baby!" Now I know you are more than likely a smart person so if you were to smoke because it's legal, you wouldn't drive. But there are many many morons out there like the one who killed her son, that will start smoking it "because it's legal, sign me up baby!" Then not have the common sense god or their mother gave them not to drive a car! So trying to insult me "is more wasted than Cheech & Cong!"

Are you NUTS?

I agree!

I'll take a stoner on the road each and every day over a sober cell phone user, sober texter or someone drinking. Hands down. Not that stoners never cause an accident (some people - for the life of them - just can't drive for sh!t), but the other three catagories speak for themselves on a daily basis.

I'll take a stoner on the road each and every day over a sober cell phone user, sober texter or someone drinking. Hands down. Not that stoners never cause an accident (some people - for the life of them - just can't drive for sh!t), but the other three catagories speak for themselves on a daily basis.

I saw a special on distracted driving. Being drunk makes you 4 times as likely to get into an accident. Texting while driving makes you 8 times more likely to get into an accident. After seeing multiple people swerving on the road, running red lights, etc. while texting, I believe it.

I don't want to share the road with stoners either, though, I have to admit.

I saw a special on distracted driving. Being drunk makes you 4 times as likely to get into an accident. Texting while driving makes you 8 times more likely to get into an accident. After seeing multiple people swerving on the road, running red lights, etc. while texting, I believe it.

I don't want to share the road with stoners either, though, I have to admit.

Fair enough :cool:

I was accused of "conspiracy" theory by OP's when I stated that I thought the OP started this thread because of the elections next week to legalize Pot in CA. After reading some of your posts...you fell into his trap...debating the issue of pot vs alcohol vs text messaging, etc. LOL!

I was accused of "conspiracy" theory by OP's when I stated that I thought the OP started this thread because of the elections next week to legalize Pot in CA. After reading some of your posts...you fell into his trap...debating the issue of pot vs alcohol vs text messaging, etc. LOL!

Wow, can no one ask a question (albeit stupid) without half of the board suggesting that the person is laying a "trap" to stir up controversay? I mean really, what proof do you have that this is not a legitimate question asked by a naive cruiser instead of another conspiracy theory set into motion to create problems? Just how paranoid can someone be??? What's next, Bush caused the attacks on the twin towers or the FBI was behind the grassy knoll in Dallas???? Please don't make allegations that you cannot provide proof for.

Archived