Looking to maybe rent jetskis in Antigua... NCL Cruise 1/2/11.. input needed!

cruise_beast

Hi all,

going on our Honeymoon cruise on NCL in January:D.... have been to Antigua several times before (sometimes we stayed on the boat, did the Pirate boat tour, etc.) but it has been a few years since we have been there and we are looking for something different to do..

I saw some postings on here about renting jetskis at some beaches... has anyone done it before and has positive/negative reviews or any kind of info? I have no idea otherwise so any input at all is welcome!

Would also appreciate ANY suggestions besides the jetskis as something to do besides just beachin' it all day... Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!! :p

Hi all,

going on our Honeymoon cruise on NCL in January:D.... have been to Antigua several times before (sometimes we stayed on the boat, did the Pirate boat tour, etc.) but it has been a few years since we have been there and we are looking for something different to do..

I saw some postings on here about renting jetskis at some beaches... has anyone done it before and has positive/negative reviews or any kind of info? I have no idea otherwise so any input at all is welcome!

Would also appreciate ANY suggestions besides the jetskis as something to do besides just beachin' it all day... Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!! :p

I'm anxious to see the responses you get, as I have the same question! We've decided to do a "beach day" in Antigua as well, but I have some teens to occupy, and jetskis seem to be the perfect attraction!

What else is there?

I would suggest that you look at the Sandhaven web site. they are in Runaway Bay only a ten min taxi ride from the port.

There is a restaurant and bar with chairs and shades for rent and also JET Skis that opperate from the beach. The guys there are good and will look after you. There is also horse back riding and if you ask the owners of the Bar they will let you borrow a fishing rod and they will cook anything you catch. There are always a group of local youngster playing football at one end of the beach and they will always welcome extra players. So you should be able to heve a relaxing day as well as one that will satisfy the more energetic.

Have a great time

Wow that sounds awesome! Did you arrange anything beforehand or just have a taxi from the pier take you there, and then arrange everything on site? I saw their website and it says you can arrange a taxi through them. Just checking out my options. Thanks again for the helpful advice I am definitely looking forward to it! :D

You can either just jump into a taxi at the port and tell them to take you to Sandhaven Runaway bay or ring the number on the web site and they will get a taxi for you you can also book your chair and shade

Have a great time!!

we have rented jet skis at Dickinsons Beach that last twice we visited. The man and lady renting them were lovely and supplied jackets for my husband, myself and both of our 2 small children so we could all have turns (i wasnt keen but he wouldnt take no for an answer!) there were lots of other activities going on including pedlos and windsurfing i think.

Archived