Ok I have 2 questions...

taliacamp

Lets not start a war about the first one...lol...Can someone please tell me the difference between a birth certificate and a certified birth record? I know this has been talked about before but I can't find the thread. DH and I have the birth certificate that you get at city hall that is a large piece of paper with the raised seal...this is the right one right?:confused:....I get so confused and start doubting myself after reading the posts.....My second question is about our cabins...we are booked in 7221 and 7217 (my sister and bro-in-law are cruising with us) on the Glory. Has anyone been in either of these rooms? We've only cruised once before and were midship and I know these rooms are right in the front of the ship....any info is greatly appreciated!

Regarding the birth certificate question, this is what I posted a month or so ago...

I don't need to go to my friends at Carnival for this... it's simple... there has been no change.

The difference is in the document offered as proof of citizenship. A 'birth certificate' is issued by the state to conform with specific federal guidelines. A 'certified record of birth' may be issued by a hospital or local authority and does not carry the same weight, legally.

Hope that helps!

:)

Lets not start a war about the first one...lol...Can someone please tell me the difference between a birth certificate and a certified birth record? I know this has been talked about before but I can't find the thread. DH and I have the birth certificate that you get at city hall that is a large piece of paper with the raised seal...this is the right one right?:confused:....I get so confused and start doubting myself after reading the posts.....My second question is about our cabins...we are booked in 7221 and 7217 (my sister and bro-in-law are cruising with us) on the Glory. Has anyone been in either of these rooms? We've only cruised once before and were midship and I know these rooms are right in the front of the ship....any info is greatly appreciated!

There is not necessarily any difference. Each state or issuing authority decided what to call its own documents. One place may call it a birth certificate, another a certificate of live birth another a certified birth record.

You need a document issued by a governmental agency (in some states they are issued state wide in other by county and in others by a city) that is certified showing your birth.

It does not have to have a raised seal, it MUST be certified.

If it came from the hospital where you were born it is most likely not a proper document even if it is certified and/or has a seal on it.

Haven't been on Glory so I cannot help with the second question.

Here's a link to the Crnival site for documentation. It sounds like you have the correct paperwork.

We like forward cabins. Any motion helps rock us to sleep at night. I believe that your balconies will be very visible from the starboard bridge wing.

Charlie

Who will we be "very visible" to?...lol

Who will we be "very visible" to?...lol

Here's a pic of the bridge wing on a cruise ship (not the Glory). There will always be someone on the bridge. Not necessarily standing on the wing but there's always a chance.

small-IMG_2815-view-of-bridge-wing.jpg

You can see from the pic that the balconies are partially visible from the wing. The balconies on the next deck down would, I believe, be even more visible. And, yes, the bridge is on deck 8..You're on deck 7:p

Charlie

Here's a pic of the bridge wing on a cruise ship (not the Glory). There will always be someone on the bridge. Not necessarily standing on the wing but there's always a chance.
small-IMG_2815-view-of-bridge-wing.jpg

You can see from the pic that the balconies are partially visible from the wing. The balconies on the next deck down would, I believe, be even more visible. And, yes, the bridge is on deck 8..You're on deck 7:p

Charlie

Ohhhhh, I gotcha...thanks Charlie

Taliacamp- We too are from Rhode Island and will be getting off the Glory as you are getting on.

It is the birth certificate that you get from City Hall with the raised seal on it.

Enjoy your Cruise!

Wow, where are you from in R.I.? Are you flying into Miami? We are leaving from Boston because the flights from PVD were super expensive for a direct flight....Thanks for the info on the birth certificates, I was pretty sure we had the right ones, just making sure

Have a great time!!!

Taliacamp- We too are from Rhode Island and will be getting off the Glory as you are getting on.

It is the birth certificate that you get from City Hall with the raised seal on it.

Enjoy your Cruise!

Not every state has the raised seals. Some states have eliminated the raised seal and have a watermark instead.

Regarding the birth certificate question, this is what I posted a month or so ago...

I don't need to go to my friends at Carnival for this... it's simple... there has been no change.

The difference is in the document offered as proof of citizenship. A 'birth certificate' is issued by the state to conform with specific federal guidelines. A 'certified record of birth' may be issued by a hospital or local authority and does not carry the same weight, legally.

Hope that helps!

:)

Host Mach is completely right with one exception. My friend was a military brat that was born in Germany where his father was stationed. He was a U.S. Citizen. He did not have a Birth Certificate that he could get from State vital records department stamped certified. His was called something totally different and caused problems all of his life as it does not look like the certificate of live birth like everyone else's.

I am sure that there are other military families out there whose children were born out of country but are american citizens that have run into this issue. I suspect that they were told to get passports and keep them up to date but it is certainly an interesting scenario to consider seeming this is a constant subject that keeps popping up.

Archived