champagne reef dominica

yorkie1

Hi,has anyone been to champagne reef snorkelling?Do they provide buoyancy aids and do you need to dive to see anything? I can swim but do not like to go under the water just like to float on the top so a buoyancy aid would be helpful.We are thinking of booking through P.O because we have some onboard credit thanks:p

Hi,has anyone been to champagne reef snorkelling?Do they provide buoyancy aids and do you need to dive to see anything? I can swim but do not like to go under the water just like to float on the top so a buoyancy aid would be helpful.We are thinking of booking through P.O because we have some onboard credit thanks:p
Been there on Princess and yes all tour operators do provide snorkel vests. Don't miss this place one of my favorite in the Caribbean. BTY if you go on your own you can rent equipment at Champagne reef. I advise you to take the ships tour for your first trip.

last time we went on a cruise, we went swimming with giant turtles in Barbados. Everything provided - including a buoyancy aid. I hated the thing at first, but after a short while, found that I could not do without it for snorkeling.

Off there again in feb on the Ventura, and I actually bought a buoyancy vest online today! Will deflate, so will fit in case ok.

We did this trip with P&O a couple of year ago. They do provide (and in fact insist that you wear) buoyancy vests, and you can see plenty from just 'floating around' with your head in the water, which is all you can manage with 'said' vest,lol. We had a fantastic time, it was very well organised, and a brilliant experience.

Have fun!

Louise

It is so easy to this DIY. Just get a taxi approx 10 US dollars. The taxi drops you off at the bar/dive school. There you pay a nominal fee approx 3 US dollars which goes towards the up keep of the area. You can hire everything you need here and if you are not confident then for 5 US dollars each they will go into the water with you and point out all of the different sea life. You walk into the water from the pebble beach area rather than on the trip you get in off the catamaran. After snorkeling the bar sells the best rum punch in the Caribbean. There are showers and toilets.

Archived