Eagle beach ~ waves

FL LuluBelle

For no waves, with the exception of when there is a storm, you want Palm Beach.

Eagle beach varies and can be flat and lake like and at other times it can have waves. About the only time you will see surfers though is when there is a hurricane nearby. ;)

Hi, I believe I read somewhere that Eagle beach has waves you can surf. Is this true? I was hoping for a calm surf. Thanks. I will be in Aruba early Nov.

I have been to Aruba 9 times. Never saw waves in Eagle Beach; was flat as a dish. The sea in the northen part of the island is totally different.

I have been to Aruba 9 times. Never saw waves in Eagle Beach; was flat as a dish. The sea in the northen part of the island is totally different.
Never say never ;) :)

Being familiar with Aruba, you will recognize this photo as Druif beach less than a mile down the coast from Eagle Beach taken last December.

9209-1100_1229.jpg

9209-1300a_1229.jpg

Attached is a shot from the webcam at the Bucuti Resort on Eagle beach from today.

arubacam.jpg.5de8c8a49630f57948257ec1df6ed5e4.jpg

We were in Aruba on Wednesday, Nov. 10 at Eagle Beach and it was wavy! Very fun! I'm not a surfer by any means, but I don't think they were big enough to surf....still, very fun to play in the waves. We had a blast! The sand was soft and wonderful and there were some spots where the sand was more flat (does that make sense?) where children could play.

• 1 month later...
Rollers have been coming in along Eagle beach today!

Mornin' Arubalisa - and thanks for the update on the waves. Question - when we are in port in January...if the waves are up that day...which beach should we go to to Avoid the waves? We want as calm of water as possible. ;)

Plus, we want beach chairs/umbrellas and drinks/food available.

Thnx!!

There are waves again today. A local posted on another forum that the waves on Eagle beach are running 6-9 feet today.

For no waves you definitely want Palm Beach. The chance for waves along Palm beach is much much less than Eagle beach.

Palm beach has tons of beach side restaurants and bars. If you have the taxi or bus drop you off at the entrance to De Palm Pier, you can walk right down the entrance to the beach. Once on the beach, directly to the right there are two vendors who rent chaises and umbrellas. Right there is also Bugaloe Bar and Grill and adjacent is the Radisson. The Radisson offers a beach side restaurant and bar, but more expensive than Bugaloe.

The Radisson offers a day pass but with high season coming up, I would contact them regarding availability.

Archived