Deck 9 Diamond Princess

joll

Does anyone know what is actually in the unmarked areas of Deck 9 on the deck plans for the Diamond Princess?

I am particularly interested to hear if there are any problems with noise, vibration etc. on this deck, especially in or around cabin D507.

You will not have any problems with noise and/or vibration. You have cabins both above and below you, which will mean less noise than if you have public areas above or below you. The unmarked areas are probably closets and storage areas for things like towels, linens, pillows, etc. I wouldn't be concerned! Enjoy the cruise!

Does anyone know what is actually in the unmarked areas of Deck 9 on the deck plans for the Diamond Princess?

I am particularly interested to hear if there are any problems with noise, vibration etc. on this deck, especially in or around cabin D507.

You are mid-ship so you will feel little vibration from the thrusters and propellers. I was in D415, just down the hall, on my 16-day Crown cruise in September and thought it was a very quiet location. You will feel some vibration from the stabilizers but that will depend on the seas.

If I remember correctly, the blank area next to D507 are the crew elevator and stairs. I haven't read any complaints about crew noise as they are very careful to be quiet.

If I remember correctly, the blank area next to D507 are the crew elevator and stairs. I haven't read any complaints about crew noise as they are very careful to be quiet.

You're probably right about the area directly adjacent to D507 as we were in a similar position on the Dawn Princess and it was actually the stairwell which was for emergency use only - we heard no noise! I'm more interested in the larger unmarked areas on this deck.

Archived