Cruising from Liverpool, any tips?

Jammy Bun

Our Christmas/New Year cruise on Boudicca is fast approaching. For the first time, we'll be sailing from Liverpool. I've read on various message boards that the terminal is a bit grim , but this doesn't bother me; after all, we shouldn't be spending too much time there!

What I'm interested to find out is whether any of you have used the Car Parking facility (how much does it cost?), and how easy was it to find the Langton Dock. We live about an hour and a quarter's drive from Liverpool, and are trying to decide whether to go there in the car, or whether to get one of our local taxi firms to take the strain! They would charge about £100 for the return journey - not a bad price for a door to door service.

JB

Thanks for your replies - I think this has helped make me reach a decision, that we'll organise a taxi to take us to the dock. For the first time ever, we'll be able to arrive early for a cruise! Normally we've sailed from Southampton or Dover, and have arrived in the afternoon after a long coach journey.

Thank you Fred Olsen for sailing from Liverpool, at least for the time being. I do hope the political wrangling that's currently going on will result in us being able to cruise from the North of England for many more years to come.

We have sailed from Liverpool and found it fine, though we did not park a car there so maybe that is some sort of problem.

By comparison we have sailed with Fred Olsen from Dover on two occasions and it was horrendous:-

Overpriced hotel:taxi to port arrived 45 minutes late:waited about an hour for a taxi back to the hotel to pick up our car:a new samsonite suitcase was very badly damaged and when we approached staff to notify that problem, we were met with rudeness and what can only be described as downright arrogance!!

Point made I think. We had no problems at all in Liverpool and the local people arwe extremely helpful and polite. As it is a big city there is no shortage of taxi's either. Tip - the local dial a taxi companies are cheaper than hackneys and can be booked ahead reliably.

Archived