? about guarantee room

Mrs. Ram

We booked a guarantee for maybe the 2nd time ever for our December 4th cruise on the Dream. The first time, I believe they assigned us a room almost instantly. I have been checking our booking every other day or so and we still have not been assigned a room. Now, I'm pretty sure no one will be able to tell me when they will assign it;) but just curious how many people on here regularly book guarantees and end up not finding out the cabin number until they arrive for the cruise. Hoping we will have some idea but if not, no worries. I know it can be a risky move but honestly it is kinda exciting to see if we get a good room or a not so good room. Guess it is the only surprise I get these days :p. Sad, I know! Thanks for any input!

We booked a guarantee for maybe the 2nd time ever for our December 4th cruise on the Dream. The first time, I believe they assigned us a room almost instantly. I have been checking our booking every other day or so and we still have not been assigned a room. Now, I'm pretty sure no one will be able to tell me when they will assign it;) but just curious how many people on here regularly book guarantees and end up not finding out the cabin number until they arrive for the cruise. Hoping we will have some idea but if not, no worries. I know it can be a risky move but honestly it is kinda exciting to see if we get a good room or a not so good room. Guess it is the only surprise I get these days :p. Sad, I know! Thanks for any input!

I always book guarantee's and on average have my cabin assignment about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing. On one occasion I didn't get it until I got to the ship and on one occasion I got it about 2 weeks before but it was changed at the last minute and I was upgraded from an IS to a BL. So now I always confirm when I'm checking in what cabin I'm in.

I've had them assigned immediately, majority a few weeks out and only once found out at the pier.

Thanks everyone!! Well, funny that I decide to post this today because after I posted, I checked just for the heck of it and there they were :D! We are still inside which is fine by me and we are on deck 7 in the back. Sorry that I don't know all the correct terms. I get them confused so I choose to use back, front, left, & right :o! We are just happy to be going on a cruise! On another note, our fare dropped $40pp but we can't get anything back or onboard credit because we purchased during a pack & go special. :rolleyes: Oh well, we still got a great deal!

Archived