Leaving Soon--Help With Luggage Tags

globe9

I printed out about 10 luggage tags at work the other day. We are on the Verandah Deck. This will be my 1st time using printed luggage tags and not the colored ones they send you.

I've become increasingly paranoid about the flimsy paper tag falling off the luggage and it becoming lost. I do recall reading on here about people who did some kind of homemade lamination technique for the tags with tape or something.

Does anyone know how to do this? Which kind of tape is best? I can get my hands on some clear packing tape...would that work? I assume, I fold the tags before taping them?

Also, since the printed tags are not colored....do the porters have a harder time sorting the bags and hence, more lost bags. I would think the colored tags made it MUCH easier for the porters to sort these bags.

Someone also mentioned that the colored tags are still available once you get to the port. Just to ask the porter for some.

What does everyone else do?

Thanks!!!!

For our last cruise, we flew in the night before, so I did not attach the luggage tags until the next morning at the hotel. Once you fold the paper, they are pretty sturdy. We borrowed a stapler from the hotel desk and put them on. I have taken 2 cruises with the new tags and have had no problems.

Both times, I intended to use clear packing tape to better secure them, but forgot the tape and all was fine. I did print ours at home so they were in color, but the website says that does not matter. I don't know if it helps or not.

WOW.. I hope you're not planning on 10 suitcases! lol Just fold the paper like it says to, then use packing tape to secure it shut at the bottom. Never had an issue with them coming off. In fact, some times it takes effort to get them off when you need to put the disembarking tags on.

As everyone else has said, laminate with packing tape. No problems whatsoever.

The one and only time we had a piece of luggage NOT show up was when we got a VIP upgrade at the last minute. Out luggage tags all had the original cabin, not the upgrade (since we didn't even know we were getting upgraded).

After our other luggage showed up, we walked down to the pursers office to report the "lost" bag, and there it was.. sitting with a small group of other bags.

For whatever reason, that one piece didn't make the last minute upgrade, but all the others did.. but we found it easily enough. We had just walked down there before they had an opportunity to research where we were.

I printed out about 10 luggage tags at work the other day. We are on the Verandah Deck. This will be my 1st time using printed luggage tags and not the colored ones they send you.

I've become increasingly paranoid about the flimsy paper tag falling off the luggage and it becoming lost. I do recall reading on here about people who did some kind of homemade lamination technique for the tags with tape or something.

Does anyone know how to do this? Which kind of tape is best? I can get my hands on some clear packing tape...would that work? I assume, I fold the tags before taping them?

Also, since the printed tags are not colored....do the porters have a harder time sorting the bags and hence, more lost bags. I would think the colored tags made it MUCH easier for the porters to sort these bags.

Someone also mentioned that the colored tags are still available once you get to the port. Just to ask the porter for some.

Thanks!!!!

As with many others, we fold per the instructions, use packing tape to laminate, and punch a hole. As for attaching to your suitcase, some use plastic ties that you can purchase at the home improvement store, but these can be a pain in the neck when you want to remove them later for the debarkation tags. On our last cruise, I picked up a few of the disposable paper luggage tags from our airline's airport counter and used the elastic strings from them on the Carnival tags. Worked very well, doesn't cost a thing, and easy to put on and remove.

Thanks!!!!

Just follow the instructions as far as folding and stapling them. It works just fine. If you want to turn it into a craft project as others suggest, feel free.

Thanks!!!!

Don't fret over it. When you get to the pier ask the porters. They have the old style luggage tags. All you have to do is write your name and cabin number on them and you are good to go.

Thanks!!!!

First of all don't worry, they work fine.

Couple of things (I know these were mentioned above)

1) either fold and staple, they're pretty strong.

2) fold and use clear strapping tape

BUT look at it this way - if you have to fly like we do, what would you prefer to throw in your carryon, a stapler or a small roll of strapping tape? That's the key (to me anyway).

As with many others, we fold per the instructions, use packing tape to laminate, and punch a hole. As for attaching to your suitcase, some use plastic ties

This is what we do and works out great......no need to bring any supplies. Just the tags and ties and attach to your luggage at the hotel the day of your cruise.

Black and white is just fine. Don't waste your time filling out the ones they have at the port......be prepared!

For our last cruise, we flew in the night before, so I did not attach the luggage tags until the next morning at the hotel. Once you fold the paper, they are pretty sturdy. We borrowed a stapler from the hotel desk and put them on. I have taken 2 cruises with the new tags and have had no problems.

Both times, I intended to use clear packing tape to better secure them, but forgot the tape and all was fine. I did print ours at home so they were in color, but the website says that does not matter. I don't know if it helps or not.

we laminate our luggage tags and bring a few extra, so far we put them on before flying and havent had a problem at all

I laminated ours and then just taped the ends together on our luggage. If you're worried about them coming off print extras and put one inside each bag so if there is any problems they will still know where they belong. Just cruised on the Conquest last week and there were alot of tags that were not in color. Don't worry about it and enjoy.

Black and white works just fine, I don't want to waste color ink so I always select print in black. I figure if Carnival is going to save money by having us print the luggage tags, I'm going to save money by printing in black. On our last cruise I found shipping tape that you did needn't scissors to cut and that made it even easier.

I like colored tags, but do not want to waste my colored ink, so I make a black & white copy and then put some colored paper in my printer and make copies. Very easy and much cheaper! I tend to like the hot pink color...:)

For those of us with kids, we tend to always have colored paper around somewhere.

Print, fold, tape, punch hole in the end. You can attach with electrical ties (pack nail clippers in outside pocket of bag to cut later), or string, tape, staples...whatever.

Not only does the tape make the tag sturdier, it keeps printer ink from running if the tags get wet in transit.

And with all those extra copies, go ahead and put one inside the bag on top of everything else. I do that anyway as a safeguard.

Archived