rental car in Port Canaveral

Cookiesbykk

I know this probably isn't the right board to post this but there is no Port Canaveral Port of Call page...

We will be in Port Canaveral Nov 24 from 7-7. Not sure exactly what we want to do yet (have been dissuaded from doing WDW or other theme parks the day before Thanksgiving, and have done Kennedy SPace Center recently)...so i looked into renting a car for the day. Can get one for about $45...cheaper than a cab or shuttle anywhere since there are 4 of us. Both Enterprise and Budget say they have continuous shuttles running from the port to their offices a few miles away. Has anyone had any experience with either company?

Not directly with those companies. I normally rent from Avis. But I can say that the Budget and enterprise shuttles do run continuously as do the Avis buses. The rental company's stores are not that far from the port so the extra time to drop off the car and board the shuttle is not too bad. We have sailed from PC twice and used rental cars both times.

Thank you for your quick replies.

You just gave me the peace of mind i needed..I wanted to be sure those shuttles ran continuously and it wasn't just a sales pitch.

We're supposed to be in port by 7am so I listed 9am as my rental time to give us plenty of time to allow for those who are taking Carnival excursions to disembark first...

Now I wonder if we should just shoot over to Disney after all...hmmm:rolleyes:

We used Budget the last three years and have them booked for Feb 2011. Go online and sign up for Budgets Fastbreak service. You go to the front of the line. All the renatal car agency's in Port Canaveral are small rental agency's and can get crowded at times.

I know this probably isn't the right board to post this but there is no Port Canaveral Port of Call page...

We will be in Port Canaveral Nov 24 from 7-7. Not sure exactly what we want to do yet (have been dissuaded from doing WDW or other theme parks the day before Thanksgiving, and have done Kennedy SPace Center recently)...so i looked into renting a car for the day. Can get one for about $45...cheaper than a cab or shuttle anywhere since there are 4 of us. Both Enterprise and Budget say they have continuous shuttles running from the port to their offices a few miles away. Has anyone had any experience with either company?

Last Month on our Dream cruise we came in to Orlando by Amtrak. We used Enterprise they picked us up at the train station. We stayed at the Country Inn and suites night before returned the car in the morning Shuttle took us right to the port Shuttle was there when we got off the ship in group #7. Very easy drove back to Orlando they shuttled us to the train station. Excellent service

pat

Myrtle Beach, SC

We used Budget the last three years and have them booked for Feb 2011. Go online and sign up for Budgets Fastbreak service. You go to the front of the line. All the renatal car agency's in Port Canaveral are small rental agency's and can get crowded at times.

Thanks for the reminder...I think i signed up for fastbreak years ago...I'll call them this morning to see. That would certainly save some time when we all pile out of the shuttle at the agency!

Archived