Best time to book Disney?

lisaann

We just returned from a Carnival cruise that our 6-year-old really enjoyed. I think we've decided that our next cruise will be with Disney. After all, I think once you've seen one hairy chest contest (or five, in my years of cruising), you're nearing your limit! :)

I've heard that in order to get a good price on a Disney cruise, you need to book in October when the next year's sailing dates and rates are introduced. Is that true? Are there ever specials? I don't suppose Disney offers "kids sail free" deals?!

We're looking ahead to perhaps July, 2012 when our son will have to contend with a little sister who will likely be under 2. :) (We're adopting) Will we be restricted by a lack of child care for a young child? If it matters, we're considering Alaska.

Thanks in advance!!!

For a July, 2012 sailing, yes, you would be best off booking now for your sailing. They've released the Dream and Fantasy bookings for those dates a couple of weeks ago. You can always snag a price drop. For the Caribbean and Bahamas sailings, the price just seems to go up. Who knows what the pricing pattern will be though, with 4 ships sailing.

You will not have to be without child care for the little one though. :) Disney offers a nursery. You can sign up for x number of hours before your cruise. Once on board you may be able to sign up for additional hours.

Oops, I see you're considering Alaska. It's anyone's guess whether DCL will be cruising Alaska in 2012. Next year will be the first year they've tried it.

DCL has not yet released the summer of 2012 itinerary for the Magic or Wonder. It would be one of the older ships that would be doing Alaska. I read on another board that the new dates should be released in Jan. I would visit disboards dot com and check the DCL thread. It is definitely true with DCL that the earlier you book the better. They do sometimes have "kids sail free" promotions and if you choose an Alaska cruise that is not during the peak school vacation time, you may be able to snag one of those deals. I think the last time I saw that promotion it was for a med cruise. Congratulations on your adoption!!!!

I haven't figured if there is ever a time that Disney is a value cruise compared to the mainstream lines; Carnival, Princess etc.

This much I know, on 3 trips on Princess no contests for hairy men. There still are those hairy folks on the ship but you don't have to see the endlessly dancing at the pool and on TV all day and night

As to Alaska just be aware they are sailing this coming year and unlike the Caribbean where they seem to always have a ship I suspect Alaska like Europe won't be a gurantee. FWIW they are sailing Tracy Arm not the most scenic either.

Happy planning!

We just returned from a Carnival cruise that our 6-year-old really enjoyed. I think we've decided that our next cruise will be with Disney. After all, I think once you've seen one hairy chest contest (or five, in my years of cruising), you're nearing your limit! :)

I've heard that in order to get a good price on a Disney cruise, you need to book in October when the next year's sailing dates and rates are introduced. Is that true? Are there ever specials? I don't suppose Disney offers "kids sail free" deals?!

We're looking ahead to perhaps July, 2012 when our son will have to contend with a little sister who will likely be under 2. :) (We're adopting) Will we be restricted by a lack of child care for a young child? If it matters, we're considering Alaska.

Thanks in advance!!!

Archived