Dominica Tours or Taxis

jnickolite

Yesterday I e-mailed the three tour operators most often mentioned here (I think I recall they were Reynostours, Ken the Negotiator (?), and Lester Ponds) with a similar question. We are also interested in the aerial tram and a waterfall. We're traveling with two small children, so we are concerned with the amount/difficulty of walking also. If I have any responses from any of the guides I will post and let you know.

I think you could get an electric scooter to the overlook at Emerald Pool where you can see the waterfall and people wading in the pool (there are wide, well maintained steps with a railing leading down to the pool itself). I don't think you would be able to get the scooter on the trail at Trafalgar Falls, although the tour operators might say they have done it. Both trails are very short walks (less than 5 minutes).

Hi! I've heard from both Ken and Lester Ponds - both responses were pretty vague, just saying it was OK to bring kids, don't worry, it will be fine. There was no attempt to address my particular concerns relative to little kids. Not exactly inspiring confidence in me. I'm torn between taking their advice, booking with one of them and just crossing my fingers, or waiting until we get there and trying to have a meaningful dialogue with someone at the dock.

Well, we have some time to decide. Any feedback from anyone who has actually taken a tour on Dominica about the suitability of taking the aerial tram, getting to the Emerald Pool, etc. with little ones would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the info on the Emerald Pool and the falls. Even though we are not going on the Carnival Destiny until August, with my Dad we have to plan ahead. He already said he wants to do the aerial tram and I know he would like to see some of the falls. Even though he uses a scooter he is very determined. Thanks again.

Archived