Bringing Drinks Onboard

lrc04

Can we bring pop (soda) or juice with us when we board in Fort Lauderdale? We did on NCL, but weren't sure about RCCL. According to the Guest Ticket Booklet, I just printed, the beverage policy states that "guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onbard for consumption or any other use." I think I've seen conflicting information from the RCCL site.

Thanks

According to the Guest Ticket Booklet, I just printed, the beverage policy states that "guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onbard for consumption or any other use."

Sounds like you have your answer! :rolleyes:

Other answer ----- It's against the rules, but folks do it all the time!

I'm pretty sure that it is a gamble from what I hear. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I will say that last year I brought along a 12-pk of diet pepsi cans on the Monarch of the Seas, slapped on a luggage tag, and it was delivered to my stateroom along with my luggage. So there was no sneaking drinks onboard or anything. I will be trying this again tomorrow, so I will let you know if it works again!

As you've seen, it's technically against the rules, however in practice, most of the enforcement seems to be focused on alcoholic beverages, and small amounts of soda or water are usually not confiscated.

We leave saturday out of ft lauderdale we are thinking of just bringing just like a 6 pack of water bottles and a 8 pack coke bottles with screw lids. We just want to have a few in our cabin should I just put them in my carry-on? dont want to put them in checked luggage they might leak for being trown :( If they take it quess I just out a few bucks:)

In the past people have made an argument for bringing a certain kind of soda that wasn't available on the ship, Diet Mountain Dew comes to mind, as they don't severe it on board and they don't have a substitute available and the people bringing them seemed to have no problem bringing them on board. I think the big thing they are looking for is alcohol these days.

Ok, you've convinced me, I wasn't going to as I was afraid they'd make me walk the gang plank if caught. But I'm gonna go for it, a six pack of diet mountain dew it is. The question I have is....do I just be up front about it and take it in my carry on bag or do I be sneaky and put it in my suitcase?

Archived