Carnival Legend trip Report 10-24-10

bondsman

I can sum this cruise in one word, SUPERB!!!

Peaches went to Tampa on Friday and checked into the Tahitian Inn, http://www.tahitianinn.com/. We arrived around 8:00pm, checked in and straight to the tiki hut by the pool. The entire hotel was in great shape and the pool area was beautiful. The staff was most helpful. I found this place by accident while surfing the web one night. I am skeptical by nature, but found the hotel was just as it was advertised on their website. Their rates were unbelievable (77.00 including tax) and they have a shuttle to the port in addition to allowing you to leave your car in their parking lot. I wont put any pictures of the Tahitian as their website has alot of pics and they are representative of the actual hotel. The entertainment on Friday night was a guy named Billy. Billy was fantastic. Saturday nights entertainment was not very good and I understand he was a fill in. Both nights we met some really great people (all locals). The Tahitian was among the best places I have PA230067.jpgever stayed. I will be staying there again.

PA230069.jpg

PA230074.jpg

PA230078.jpg

PA230088.jpg

Hi Bondsman - I was on the same cruise AND I stayed at the Tahitian Inn too! I agree - it was the best place I've ever stayed. We better keep this gem quiet - don't want too many people discovering this diamond in the rough!! Oh, my cruise was one of the best ever - despite the fact that I came down with a NASTY cold on the last day -but, SHIP happens and at least it was on the last day! I made sure to tell my room steward (Harry) so that he'd disinfect the room completely:eek:. Hope the people who stayed in 6279 (best room ever ) didn't catch what I had!!

clearwatergirl, you will have to share the machine with me, I'm on the cruise with you. See you at the M & G ;):):D

Rita

Count me in on the machine, too!! We'll have to work out a schedule at the M & G, ok? M'lle

Loving this review, keep it coming so I can finish before 11/14 when we take possession of the Legend for a week. Thanks for sharing.

Count me in on the machine, too!! We'll have to work out a schedule at the M & G, ok? M'lle

Loving this review, keep it coming so I can finish before 11/14 when we take possession of the Legend for a week. Thanks for sharing.

Ya'll play nicenow, ya hear.

Awesome review!! MORE MORE MORE!! I am getting even more excited to sail the Legend in May!!!

This has got to be one of the best reviews I have read! I get to sail on her Dec 5th!!! Can't wait!

I am very happy this review has been received as well as it has. It does take alot of time and effort. I have written other reviews on trips I have taken but, not in this much detail. I really did not understand just what it would take to do it. I just knew the reviews I read prior to my cruise that were both interesting and informative were those that were in detail and had alot of pictures.

Thanks for all the great comments. It does make it worth while to continue to spend the time and effort.

Jerry

I'll be looking for the same slot machine!!!! Can hardly wait till sunday.

woo hoo!!! :D:D:D

clearwatergirl, you will have to share the machine with me, I'm on the cruise with you. See you at the M & G ;):):D

Rita

Maybe this is our baby for the slot pull?!?!?! See ya'll there.

Maybe this is our baby for the slot pull?!?!?! See ya'll there.

Man I was going to try to keep this to myself!

But great idea. If we can find the machine then we should do the slot pull there!!! (sounds like it's a dollar machine that takes two dollars - just based on his description!)

Hey everybody its Peaches, I had the most wonderful time and Jerry hasn't even gotten ya'll to Roatan. I just wanted to leave a clue I remember about our slot machince; theres either the word seven on the machine next to it or maybe it was on the little old lady. Either way the word seven is close to the machine:cool:.... Jerry is just doing the best review. :D I would take this trip again tomorrow these are wonderful places and I hope to return and get to go to Belize.

I am so enjoying this review, I feel like I am on vacation with you! Thanks for taking the time and effort - it's wonderful!

We are on the Legend in January and it can't come soon enough. These reviews make the days in between a little more bearable. Thank you again!

Picture and video of the slot machine.

Somebody tell Daddy he's the greatest.

Perhaps this info should go to the highest bidder.

I wonder how you set up a PayPal account?

HHMMMM

The first line of the above post was supposed to read:

I have a picture and a video of the aforementioned slot machine.

• 2 weeks later...
I can sum this cruise in one word, SUPERB!!!

Peaches went to Tampa on Friday and checked into the Tahitian Inn, http://www.tahitianinn.com/. We arrived around 8:00pm, checked in and straight to the tiki hut by the pool. The entire hotel was in great shape and the pool area was beautiful. The staff was most helpful. I found this place by accident while surfing the web one night. I am skeptical by nature, but found the hotel was just as it was advertised on their website. Their rates were unbelievable (77.00 including tax) and they have a shuttle to the port in addition to allowing you to leave your car in their parking lot. I wont put any pictures of the Tahitian as their website has alot of pics and they are representative of the actual hotel. The entertainment on Friday night was a guy named Billy. Billy was fantastic. Saturday nights entertainment was not very good and I understand he was a fill in. Both nights we met some really great people (all locals). The Tahitian was among the best places I have ever stayed. I will be staying there again.

On Saturday, we first went to the port to see the Inspiration. We parked in a lot right next to the port and Channelside (which is a large shopping complex). We were amazed how big the Inspiration was. We walked through Channelside and over to the Carnival complex. The Florida Aquarium is right next door. If you walk past the aquarium and keep the aquarium on your right side you will end in back of the aquarium where the American Victory is moored. It is an old WWII ship. After we left there we went to Ybor City and some of the best Pizza I had ever eaten, then back to The Tahitian for a while.

PA230067.jpg

PA230069.jpg

PA230074.jpg

PA230078.jpg

PA230088.jpg

Did you park your car there while on the cruise? How secure is the extended car parking for cruise passengers?

Archived