Clip art of ship No background

ms simba

Does anyone have a clip art picture of a cruise ship that does not have any white background around it? I want to put a ship on a postcard I am making but all the ship pictures I find have a white background behind them.

Or if you can tell me how to take this white background away using Photoshop, I would appreciate it.

Does anyone have a clip art picture of a cruise ship that does not have any white background around it? I want to put a ship on a postcard I am making but all the ship pictures I find have a white background behind them.

Or if you can tell me how to take this white background away using Photoshop, I would appreciate it.

In Photoshop you should be able to select the white background and delete it. That makes the background transparent. Whether the background will show up depends on what program you use to make the postcard.

I'll see if I can find a ship without a background.

In Photoshop you should be able to select the white background and delete it. That makes the background transparent. Whether the background will show up depends on what program you use to make the postcard.

I'll see if I can find a ship without a background.

I haven't used Photoshop in a long while (went to school to learn it). I am doing something wrong. I need specific instructions if you can do so.

Such as:

(1) Open cruise ship picture (jpg or gif? - have both)

(2) then select the white back ground using????

(3) delete the white background, doing the following steps XXXX

(4) Save the picture as XXX

I will then be taking this cruise ship picture with no background and putting it on a ocean background. I can either use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Picture It (handles gif pics really well) , Adobe Illustrator, or Microsoft Publisher. I also have various Greeting card software programs. I would also be willing to buy software that would allow me to do what I want.

Below is a picture that gives you an idea of what I want to do. I have other ocean pictures but I chose this one to show you how I have pasted a Christmas tree (with no background) on the island

2361083570105385409S500x500Q85.jpg

I have searched the Internet before but was unable to get an answer that I could understand about removing the white background. But I tried again today and found an answer that seems to be working pretty well for me - at least for the three images I tried it on. Here is what it said:

Question: I would like to remove the white background from a jpeg image. Answer: Well, you would have to save the image as a PNG or GIF (there are others but these are easier to use) to retain a clear background.

It would be helpful if you would show us the image in the future, for now I will just assume the background is totally white (#FFF) with no variations and I assume you have Photoshop (if not download the trial).

Open the file in PS (Photoshop).

Double click on the layer in the layers palette on the right hand side of the screen by default.

Click OK on the box that comes up.

Grab the magic wand tool and click on the white background.

Hit Delete on your keyboard. Or Hit Ctrl + D on your keyboard.

Hit Ctrl + Shift + S on your keyboard and select CompuServe (*.gif) in the File Type dropdown.

Select the folder and name of the file and hit save!

You are done.

Hopefully, these instructions will work for other Cruise Critic people who want to remove the white background.

I used Photoshop Elements to remove the white background form the ship in the pictures in my earlier post. I just used the magic wand tool to select the white background and deleted it (Hit the delete key on the keyboard). Then I saved it as a GIF file. This is essentially the same as in Photoshop. In PE I had to select "Save for the web" rather than just "Save" in order to have the GIF option available to me. GIF files can have transparent areas in the picture. JPEG files cannot. If the background is not all white you can still remove it by using the other selection tools until everything that you want to remove is selected. Then just delete the selection and save the file as a GIF or PNG.

Archived