Resident Alien & Kiosk in Miami?

gargoyle999

DW is Canadian citizen and US resident so has a Canadian Passport and a US "Greencard". When I fill out the online info on Carnival it only has me enter her Greencard ID number. Do the kiosks in Miami accept those to scan or will be have to use the counter to check in? I'm assuming since I don't enter her Canadian passport anywhere we don't use that to checkin at the kiosk.

Hello - you are in luck because my parents had the same problem (they are from Denmark with a Danish passport, but have a green card). No, the kiosk doesn't accept the Greencard or a non-US passport in the scanner. There are lots of agents waiting for situations like this: we told one, and she was great, she checked us in on her computer, 1 minute tops it took.

Just tell an agent, they'll be happy to help! Enjoy your cruise!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to update this. Kiosk DID WORK with DW's "greencard". Maybe she can use it because she is Canadian citizen and not all countries are eligible?

As we got there we asked about using the kiosk with DW being a Canadian citizen and they just said to use the kiosk. I used my passport and DW resident alien card and we were on our way in only a minute. :)

Archived