Veterans Week 2010

I know that this isn't really cruise related but I thought I would take this opportunity to thank all of the Veterans who are on this site for their service.

Here in Canada, this week is Veterans Week and culminates at 11:00am, 11 day of the 11th Month; when the guns fell silent during WW1. We remember those who have fallen, those who served and pray for those who continue to serve.

So this week, if you know or meet a veteran... thank them, it will mean world to them.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them"

"For the Fallen" by Laurence Binyon (1869-1943)

If you just got done voting, and loved the results or hated the results....thank a Vet.

If you love to cruise or take any other kind of vacation, thank a Vet.

This board is dominated by Americans, with lots of Canadians and a growing number of Aussies and English.

Since we all have the rights to agree, disagree or even "flame" one another, if you enjoy that.....thank a Vet!

And the next tiem you are on a cruise and see a young man or woman in uniform..GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to walk over and say THANK YOU!

And finally, any active duty military on a ship, wear your dress uniform on Formal nights...you are in a select group of people willing to stand between the population and danger....allow us to say thank you!

Archived