Good Friday in Barbados

Alacazam

I will be arriving in Barbados on Good Friday aboard the Dawn Princess. I know this is a holiday there so I wanted to find out if anyone knows what is open and what is not i.e. tours, shops etc.

I have seen on another site that Harrison Caves are closed Good Friday, Easter Monday and Christmas Day. I have emailed the caves directly for confirmation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Does "Shut up tighter than a drum" sound familier.

Thats what Barbados is like on Good Friday. Quiet, calm are just a few words to discribe. My very first Good Friday in Barbados I really could't believe that everything, and I mean everything, was closed. Well ok.. Gas stations and the shops attached to them will be open, but not much else. Having said that, there are some, not all but some tourist sights that do open, but usually only if their are official tours coming there way.

Unless you want to hangout on a beach somewhere, with possibly not a beach bar or restaurant open, I would highly recommend you take a tour from the ship, but also, make sure what they are actually going to see, and if it's going to be open.

and any old time Bajan would tell you not to swim on that day.. but well .. you decide.

Enjoy.

"The Sea has no back door" is one of the sayings that goes around but basically because of religious beliefs there are many things you "shouldn't" do on Good Friday. Things like only eating fish, etc. and and I guess it comes down to being respectful on that day of those religious beliefs.

Trust me when I tell you. swimming in the sea is a big part of my Good Friday experience at the beach. (just like any other holiday here in Barbados)

The best thing to do on that day, for anyone cruising in.. Rent a car, and enjoy the island. You will be one of the few cars on the road that day.

Re the Boatyard, I'm going to suggest that you contact them directly and make sure they will be open. It's possible they will not be.. or they might be but later in the day.. Of course the beach is still there.. and it's free so you can go, but you might not have the facilities that you want right away.

Enjoy.

http://www.theboatyard.com

Thanks for thinking of us. I already checked with the Boatyard and they are "Open for business". :) For future they are open 365 days a year.

I did get a reply from Glory Tours and they are closed for Good Friday and Easter Sunday

Thanks

Alan :cool:

Archived