La Paz bus vs. taxi; Tecolote beach snorkeling?

chemistry

Some posters confirmed that charter buses meet cruise ships in Pichilingue, the port for La Paz, and take visitors for free either into town or to Balandra Beach (which has no restrooms). Is this correct?

I want to go to Tecolote Beach. Do I take the bus into town and then a taxi to the beach or is there a better way? Are lines for the buses too long to be worth using? Anyone try using city buses in La Paz to go to the beaches?

I know Tecolote Beach has restaurants and water sport rentals, but is snorkeling any good off Tecolote Beach? Any fish to see?

Will the water at Tecolote Beach be too chilly for snorkeling in December?

Do the Tecolote Beach concessions rent snorkeling equipment?

Thanks for your help!

Some posters confirmed that charter buses meet cruise ships in Pichilingue, the port for La Paz, and take visitors for free either into town or to Balandra Beach (which has no restrooms). Is this correct?

I want to go to Tecolote Beach. Do I take the bus into town and then a taxi to the beach or is there a better way? Are lines for the buses too long to be worth using? Anyone try using city buses in La Paz to go to the beaches?

I know Tecolote Beach has restaurants and water sport rentals, but is snorkeling any good off Tecolote Beach? Any fish to see?

Will the water at Tecolote Beach be too chilly for snorkeling in December?

Do the Tecolote Beach concessions rent snorkeling equipment?

Thanks for your help!

My understanding is that the Buses go first to Balandra Beach and then Tecolote and then probably back? I also understand Balandra does NOT have any bathrooms. I'm with you and want to know if snorkel equipment can be rented at Tecolote?

Wiz

My understanding is that the Buses go first to Balandra Beach and then Tecolote and then probably back? I also understand Balandra does NOT have any bathrooms. I'm with you and want to know if snorkel equipment can be rented at Tecolote?

Wiz

looking fowared to it :eek:

Archived