Connecting Rooms

Looking at booking two connecting ocean view staterooms for 4 adults and 2 children and have tried to find out where exactly the connecting door is , have cruised in an ocean view before and the only place i can think it would be is where the sofa goes , does this mean that by having a connecting room both rooms lose the sofa ? The reason i am questioning this is that my thoughts were to house the 2 children in a room each on the sofa instead of the pull down beds ( 2 adults and 1 child in each stateroom ) the staterooms available are on the lower decks if thats any help deck 2 or 3 .If we lose the sofas because of the connecting rooms then this defeats the object .

Yes, it's where the sofa goes. So there's just a chair instead of the sofa. Most stateroom attendants can pull the mattress from the pullman down and make it up on the floor each night -- tight, but doable, but no, the sofa won't be an option with this configuration.

we have had connecting rooms with our 2 teendaughters many times. On the promanade cabins on the Mariner- It was tight! On the Ecstacy inside was good. On the Valor we had the inside inside cabins and that was the best! The cabin was more square than long and seemed very roomy

Which ship will you on? We are going on Oasis in a connecting room (Deck 3, OV) and we were told there would still be a couch and bunk over the couch. I hope I am not wrong! :confused:

If you look on the deck plan and see a little diamond next to your cabin number, then those are quad rooms with both the pullman over the regular beds and the

sofa bed as well. There are several of these on that level of Oasis.

A typical triple occupancy room (an asterisk on the deck plans) will have just the pullman over the beds and a chair instead of a sofa in connecting rooms.

We had connecting balcony rooms on the Freedom. Indeed the door is where the sofa otherwise would.

It worked out great for us (kids are 8 & 12). For me, the shocking part was how little extra it cost vs. cramming all four of us into one balcony room. I think it was less than $250 extra for entire week (so less than $35 per day for TWICE the space and double the bathrooms).

Yes, you lose the sofa--replaced with a chair. Since the discount on the third passenger in a room is minimal, I'd suggest getting THREE rooms, and only pay about $100 or so more (depending on the length of the cruise, etc.). Although you won't be able to get three rooms that all connect, you could certainly have the children and the parents' connecting, and the second set of adults in a nearby room.

We had connecting balcony rooms on the Freedom. Indeed the door is where the sofa otherwise would.

It worked out great for us (kids are 8 & 12). For me, the shocking part was how little extra it cost vs. cramming all four of us into one balcony room. I think it was less than $250 extra for entire week (so less than $35 per day for TWICE the space and double the bathrooms).

We've got connecting balcony rooms on Freedom next June. Like you thought the little it cost us was totally worth it!!!! So it's great to hear your view. :D

Keep in mind that unless these are VERY small children, the pullmans are safe and the kids LOVE it. The beds are over the Queen bed below, so if they were to miraculously crawl over the guard rail, you and your bed would be what they fell onto, and break the fall (LOL). My 4-year old Grandson was thrilled with the pullman and actually wanted in bed earlier than normal. the rail kept him safely in the bed all night every night.

JMO, but I hate, hate the sofabeds. They aren't as comfy as the regular beds. The pullman beds sleep great.

We'll be on the Liberty in June and got 2 connecting balcony rooms for the four of us. Since my DD and DS are older, I couldn't imagine not having the two bathrooms! I also checked with my TA yesterday and our rooms don't have a sofa, but a loveseat - so only two cushions instead of three!

We (4 adults and 2 children) had connecting D1 and ocean view cabins on both Voyager and Freedom. Both cabins had sofas that were officially stated to sleep two, but we did what you are proposing.. put one child in each cabin on their own sofa beds. Have you considered that option?

Are you able to determine the sleeping arrangements by the symbols on the deckplan?

Archived