march 6 2005 western carib cruise questions

AmyChistopher

HI guys.. we leave in less than 2 weeks. Im totally excited..Heres my question. my husband drink a lot of diet coke. I am spending 2005 soda free. What is the cheapest way for him to drink it on the cruise. i thought someone said there may be a package but i didnt see it on my personalized cruise list. how hard is it to bring soda on the cruise..i know there was never an issue on the disney cruise. do we need a certain cooler?

thanks

Costa sells a drink coupon book for about $30-35 (I think if you buy it on-line it's 30, and 35 if you buy on-board). It is good for 20 non-alchohol drinks, that includes soda and virgin mixed drinks. Iced Tea, Pineapple and orange juice are available free during the day.

Amy ,

I'm a nurse too on a medical floor Just finished two twelve hour shifts working two more Tuesday and Wednesday and then we leave for Toronto on Saturday

Do you have any suggestions anybody where we can meet I've never been on a Costa ship So I don't know where would be a good place

Really looking forward to it Not long now

Mo from Canada

Just a little advise on the diet coke. We brought a 12 pack in our luggage (like we always do) and they were so rough with the suitcase that one of the cans busted open and stained a lot of clothes. We argued with costa and they did pick up the cost of cleaning the clothes.

i appreciate that. i ordered 2 boys and girls cards since my dh drinks tons of diet coke. we will be saving money since i am swearing off soda in 2005. i have been coke free since christmas..woohoo.!

i loved that disney cruises have now free soft drinks on one of the decks and that it included diet sprite..

that was fabuolous!

amy

Only a few more days. And with this wonderful snow storm we are having I can't wait.

I tried to book our excursions online last night and it said the time has expired but it had said we had until March 1st. But I guess Feb 28th was the deadline. Can anyone tell me. Do things get booked up fast that we may not get to do the excursion we would like. Because we will now be booking on the ship. I only waited so long because of a problem with the booking #. I resolved it on Friday and then we took a while to decide what we wanted to do.

Also did everyone read about the problem women were having about not having the same last name as their birth certificates because of marriage. I had thought about that just yesterday. After reading about their experiences I will be bringing my marriage certificate. I thank them for this information.

Did anyone think of a place to meet? Maybe a a quiet lounge?

Amy

my father in law and his wife have cruises costa twice and always book excursions on the ship. I have the same problem that my passport has my maiden name and I am always mailing off for a copy of my marriage license just in case. NO one has ever looked at it...i still bring it just in case though

amy

Does anyone know the name of a quiet lounge and where it is ? We've got to come up with something soon . Not long now one more shift to work and then I'm off and we leave Toronto Sunday morning 8.15 a.m.

For those who want to do tours have you checked out any of the private ones

See you on board

Can hardly wait

Mo from Canada

Hello everyone,

I was looking at some pictures that were posted it looks like there is a lounge called the Talia. I think it is on deck 2. Im not sure if its quiet. I guess we will find out. How about we meet there Sunday night between 10 and 11. I will probably be wearing my New Patriots jacket It is light weight and I am always cold. And we will try to sit at the bar. I figured I better come up with someplace as we leave for FL tommorow. A few days to relax there before the cruise. We could also tell the bartender we are meeting friends and to point us out if anyone asks. Does this sound OK? If anyone has something eles in mind please let me know. Otherwise we will plan to be there Sunday night.

I think Im almost done packing ( what a job huh?)

See you soon

Amy and Luke

AMy, that sounds good. I was going to say the internet cafe but thats because its the only thing i can remember from the cruise. What time at your place?

Im going to start cleaning and packing today and finish shopping tomorrow. I am so excited.

amy

Sounds good to me that should be after the entertainment . I was going to wear a flower in my hair or something crazy like that . No jacket for me

Last shift today leaving for Toronto on Saturday flying into Ft. Lauderdale Sunday

Real names Brian and Mo

See ya

Hi Mo

I will look for the lady with a flower in her hair. We leave tommorow we are spending a few days in Ft Lauderdale. We plan on just sitting by the pool at the hotel and relaxing.

See you Sunday.

Amy

Hi Mo

I think I will be wearing my New England Patriots Jacket(it's not a winter jacket) as I am always cold and I figure if they have on the AC I will be. Also I am about 5 3" with brown hair a few inches past my shoulders and Luke is a rather big size guy and shaves his head bald. Plus I will tell the bartender I am meeting people and tell him what our names are. Hopefully if he/she is not to busy they could be helpful.

Well I can't wait to leave only hours now before we are on a plane heading south. Away from the snow. Yeah.

See you Sunday

Amy

Archived