Tour company recommendations

Sugar&Buddy

Actief curacao is a consolidater for the independent companies. We learned this when the tour we booked did not show up and we talked to someone on the pier from a company called funbini. So when you book a tour through them you do not know who the tour operator is or if they are reliable. Actief gives you a 24 hour number to call ut the day we were left on the pier the number "is not available". We ended up taking one of the bus tours offered on the pier. It was okay but not what we wanted to do.

If you read down some of these threads there are several "discussions" about various tours in Curacao.. depends on your interests as well...

And from my attempts at information gathering here recently, it seems that are are little to no options when it comes to independent land tours :(.

We will be in Curacua from 8am - 5pm in early December. Looking to book private tour. Any suggestions?

We're on the 12/17 Westerdam and e-mailed two different tour companies for info about a specific tour with each of them, and neither has bothered to reply. With also reading here about someone else's Curacao tour company experience, I'm now skeptical about booking in advance with any company from there. I might call the ones I e-mailed to see if I can get info over the phone, but I certainly won't give them any $$$ in advance. However, even if they give me the answers I'm looking for, I'll make alternative arrangements, just in case. I hear that there is quite a lot within walking distance of the pier as well.

MH

And from my attempts at information gathering here recently, it seems that are are little to no options when it comes to independent land tours :(.

Depends on how independent you wish to be. We are simply renting a car ( less than ($50) and will drive to various beaches and then visit Willemstad on a self-guided walking tour at the end of the day.

Depends on how independent you wish to be. We are simply renting a car ( less than ($50) and will drive to various beaches and then visit Willemstad on a self-guided walking tour at the end of the day.

Yes, I also was thinking of renting a car instead, but being on vacation, I want us to be really pampered and not have to hassle with a rental or driving ourselves. But that IS a great way to do what you want, when you want and at a good price as well. Have fun and drive safe! :)

MH

I highly recommend Leo Plaate, independent tour guide. If you do a search for his name here, you'll find his contact info. We just did a tour with him last week and have used him previously. He will tailor a tour to exactly what you want to do. This time, we went to the liquor factory, toured a plantation museum, visited a cave and went to several beaches. My only complaint was that he did not provide drinks. I would, next time, ask him to provide a cooler of cold water at least. It gets very hot in Curacao!

Archived