Belize cave tubing in December?

texasbluebonnet

We are cruising in December and would love to go cave tubing.

I am wondering about the water temperature. Is the water temperture

cold in December?

Going cave tubing next week in Belize!! If I can negotiate the board to get back here I will let you know!!

I have personally not been, but I know people that have and they say that the water is cool given that it is mostly underground. I understand it is about 70F, so that is pretty warm, but to some people it could be cold. To me that would be pretty cold, but to others it would be warm...

Steve

We are cruising in December and would love to go cave tubing.

I am wondering about the water temperature. Is the water temperture

cold in December?

We wemt in December cave tubing and the water was great! It was warm like a summer day.Cave tubing is an adventure. Keep in mind the water is quick like a rapid almost. Lots of fun though.

Just went last Thursday - yes, the water was coooold! Not completely unbearable, but because I was sick that day made it pretty unpleasant. At the beginning of the tour, you have to wade through the river to cross it - I'm sure it would have been fun if I wasn't sick lol. Also, the temp drops quite a bit in some parts of the caves - I found myself doing "butts up" nearly the entire time to avoid sitting in the cold water.

I think the phrase "it depends" or the tried and true "timing is everything" apply. Planning on cave tubing in Jan '11 and have read many posts.

It varies from butt dragging on the bottom, had to paddle the whole way, to extensive rain canceled tour and river was flowing fast.

And if you are from Canada the water is fine; I'm a Fla boy. Any water temp less than 81 is cold!

Just wear old sneakers for the 35+ min walk carrying your tube.

• 2 weeks later...
Topic has pretty much been covered; but to add another voice, we went last week. I thought the water was refreshing, but I suppose some could call it cool. I had on a rash guard shirt...think that helps a bit.

What is a rash guard shirt? I'm always freezing! I'd like to get a shirt for this (and if they make pants and hats too!)

• 3 weeks later...

We are going in March and I am worried about the temperature. We like our water around 85 degrees, and find anything < 80 to be hard to tolerate (I know, some people think we are crazy). It does depend on what you are used to, but I am worried that my kids won't want to get in the water at all!

Archived