Deals on Splendor After Siutation is Resolved

picklebongo

I don't see why there should be. Once the problem is fixed it is over.

Future cruises on the Splender have been booked for months now. I doubt

that anyone who has been planning their cruise for some time would cancel.

This is far from the worst thing that could happen on a cruise ship.

Yes, I would imagine we will have to endure the "cruise from h@ll" titles and the word "nightmare" and "horror".....

if the media gets it so wrong...can you imagine the cr@p that will come from some of the "less traveled" passengers.

Come on now, are we already sneering at people on this cruise because they may come back with complaints. My God, if we don't allow them to vent about this cruise, what can they complain about. Who signed on for spam on their cruise, no working toilets, air, etc. Granted Carnival is trying to make the best of a bad situation, but the passengers have an absolute right to feel their vacations were ruined or didn't live up to their expectations.

Come on now, are we already sneering at people on this cruise because they may come back with complaints. My God, if we don't allow them to vent about this cruise, what can they complain about. Who signed on for spam on their cruise, no working toilets, air, etc. Granted Carnival is trying to make the best of a bad situation, but the passengers have an absolute right to feel their vacations were ruined or didn't live up to their expectations.

If this were Facebook, I'd "like" this post. I am astounded by the number of people that refer to this situation as camping on a cruise ship, an adventure, etc. You'd have to give me 10 free cruises before I'd even consider wanting to be on that ship right now. While Carnival has done a good job of handling the situation from what we now, people have an absolute right to complain.

I don't see why there should be. Once the problem is fixed it is over.

Future cruises on the Splender have been booked for months now. I doubt

that anyone who has been planning their cruise for some time would cancel.

This is far from the worst thing that could happen on a cruise ship.

Look at cruise prices in a port where a hurricane has gone through - assuming the port is still there. Once the all clear is given, there are some bargain basement prices on a sailing or two.

Why? Some people, for reasons unknown, cancel even if they lose money.

Carnival will still sell the cabins at rock bottom prices, and one day, I'll be in a position to capitalize on it - like NOW.

Vent away, but some people like SPAM, the toilets were out for less than a day, the temperatures do not require air conditioning. In the pictures of the people on deck, I didn't see one wearing shorts.

The passengers may feel cheated, but Carnival has gone way above and beyond what their obligations are under the cruise contract that the cruisers agreed to.

Look at cruise prices in a port where a hurricane has gone through - assuming the port is still there. Once the all clear is given, there are some bargain basement prices on a sailing or two.

Carnival will still sell the cabins at rock bottom prices, and one day, I'll be in a position to capitalize on it - like NOW.

Vent away, but some people like SPAM, the toilets were out for less than a day, the temperatures do not require air conditioning. In the pictures of the people on deck, I didn't see one wearing shorts.

The passengers may feel cheated, but Carnival has gone way above and beyond what their obligations are under the cruise contract that the cruisers agreed to.

I'm sailing on the 2nd of Jan if The news said the inside cabins are pick dark and hot due to no air. Many are sleeping on the deck with blanket for that reason. I'm going with my hubby and 11daughter. If we were in that situation I would be upset and complaining because of my child mostly. I feel bad for those with babies, kids, elderly, sick etc. I hope people do come to the MB and complain and let us know what really went on during their cruise. Why? incase I ever find myself in a situation like that I know what to expect. Carnival is refunding all the crusies and offering a free future one... why inconvince, lawsuit etc. I guess its easy for everyone to make comment because we arent going through it

I'm sailing on the 2nd of Jan if The news said the inside cabins are pick dark and hot due to no air. Many are sleeping on the deck with blanket for that reason. I'm going with my hubby and 11daughter. If we were in that situation I would be upset and complaining because of my child mostly. I feel bad for those with babies, kids, elderly, sick etc. I hope people do come to the MB and complain and let us know what really went on during their cruise. Why? incase I ever find myself in a situation like that I know what to expect. Carnival is refunding all the crusies and offering a free future one... why inconvince, lawsuit etc. I guess its easy for everyone to make comment because we arent going through it

This is the first time in Carnival's history of several decades that this has ever occurred. It is not common.

I understand your concern, but don't think it is likely to reoccur anytime soon, certainly not with Splendor, and certainly not with an identical set of circumstances.

In any event, enjoy your cruise. January will be a good time for whale watching. With some luck and a good sale, I may be cruising between now and then on Splendor. :)

Are you kidding? I am not saying they will discount future cruises, but so many people are already scared of cruising (very silly in my opinion), and this could really do some damage for people deciding to take a cruise in the first place. Pretty naive to think this won't damage future sales potentially.

For most seasoned cruisers, this will not affect our future decisions at all. But I am amazed at how many friends, family, co-workers, etc, always comment to me about the safety of cruising when they hear I am going on another cruise. So many people have such negative ideas of what a cruise is like, and this will certainly not help east their minds.

Keep sipping the koolaid... this fire is not going to hurt CCL one bit regarding filling their ships.....some folks were afraid to cruise from the get go.... the fire that occured if anything may affect those who were on the ship.

This is the first time in Carnival's history of several decades that this has ever occurred. It is not common.

I understand your concern, but don't think it is likely to reoccur anytime soon, certainly not with Splendor, and certainly not with an identical set of circumstances.

It happened in 1995 on the Celebration. I was scheduled to be on her the week following the fire. Carnival handled it the same way then from a compensation standpoint. Since the ship was in the Caribbean, other ships in the fleet were able to assist. I don't believe they had to fly in provisions and such.

I am booked on the Dec 19 sailing. If the ship is "good to go", I'll be in line for embarkation. Luckily, my life is fairly flexible and I did purchase trip insurance. I have never sailed the Mexican Riviera itinerary, but if it doesn't work out, I'll try again. Definitely looking forward to my 10th Carnival cruise....

I saw a very interesting thread elsewhere on CC .. now I cant find it. It was about Fromer ? who writes those travel books. He was saying that by next year, many of the ships are pulling out of the Caribbean to Europe and greener pasturers, but not the U.S. There are a heck of a lot fewer ships out of Florida a year from now.

Bound to drive cruise prices from the U.S. up?

Interesting thought. But the Allure just came over to FL. Oasis is here too. Hmmm. I don't know enough about the US market share in the cruise industry. I believe it's increased tremendously over the past 10 years and, therefore, demand will keep prices going up. Now, if it increases too much, bookings would be down and ships may move out of the US market. I'm glad my stock is looking good these days......plan on keeping an eye on it...thanks for your post.:)

If this were Facebook, I'd "like" this post. I am astounded by the number of people that refer to this situation as camping on a cruise ship, an adventure, etc. You'd have to give me 10 free cruises before I'd even consider wanting to be on that ship right now. While Carnival has done a good job of handling the situation from what we now, people have an absolute right to complain.

Im one of those who would consider it a adventure as long as I wasnt hurt or my stuff ... but I still think people who come back had the right to vent and feel upset and to complain all they like without being flamed.

No two people will feel the same. Even CNN just said some they have talked to are fine with the deal, some are unhappy.

Sunday i was looking at booking Splendor for nov. 28th, the price for an inside cabin was dirt cheap at $359pp, yesterday i checked and for the same sailing, the inside cabins are priced at $1124pp:eek:

So i'm not seeing any cheap fire sales going on here.

Look a little deeper and you will find only spa insides left for that cruise. Prices for later like March are unaffected at this point.

Who said they can't complain? They'll just be looking for volunteers to listen.

Because some people are superstitious- and the Splendor already had a reputation

I'm sure on deck it was lovely but imagine being in an inside room on the main deck. It is not only temperature but air- and, from what we were told, smell. The toilets were out for less than a day?? And you think that is nothing? You have 4500 people onboard and no working toilets- doesn't sound like just a minor inconvenience to me. And as far as spam goes- cooked it is fine- use it in omellets for example. Raw? Yuck. Yes you won't starve but appealing 3 times a day- no. It was also dark in most places.

True as far as it goes, but more important is Carnival's reputation. That cannot rely on the contract- they need to do far more than is required to keep the loyalty of their cruisers.

Just sayin

LindaLou - I'll be on your cruise! All my fingers are crossed that the ship is ready to sail.

the onboard Carnival crew was so great with all the passengers on the fire cruise, hopefully all their engineers and mechanics will be too and will have the ship fixed very soon.

Hey Splendor Bride,

I am getting a good feeling that we will be on board for Christmas (and your post wedding celebrations)!

TravelBugBit has heard from her son several times now by phone and text. He and the rest of the Splendor crew will find out more at the on board meeting Sunday. Carnival is acting like the Nov 14 sailing is the only one that will be canceled. I am READY to get the heck out of KY. Can't wait to buy you a drink!

Are you kidding? I am not saying they will discount future cruises, but so many people are already scared of cruising (very silly in my opinion), and this could really do some damage for people deciding to take a cruise in the first place. Pretty naive to think this won't damage future sales potentially.

For most seasoned cruisers, this will not affect our future decisions at all. But I am amazed at how many friends, family, co-workers, etc, always comment to me about the safety of cruising when they hear I am going on another cruise. So many people have such negative ideas of what a cruise is like, and this will certainly not help east their minds.

I get the same comments about cruising. For some reason, some people that I know think that it's dangerous to cruise. I'm supposed to take my mom for her first cruise Thanksgiving weekend on the Paradise. I'm really not sure if she's going to go. Before the Splendor incident happened, my stepdad kept bad mouthing our cruise. I'm sure he'll have more ammunition now, and that will probably be one of the main topics at our Thanksgiving dinner. I'm also 4 months pregnant, and will probably cry at the dinner table if he does that. I can see it now....I'll probably cruise by myself. IMHO, people shouldn't have negative opinions about cruising if they've never been on one. I'm just sayin'...

I get the same comments about cruising. For some reason, some people that I know think that it's dangerous to cruise. I'm supposed to take my mom for her first cruise Thanksgiving weekend on the Paradise. I'm really not sure if she's going to go. Before the Splendor incident happened, my stepdad kept bad mouthing our cruise. I'm sure he'll have more ammunition now, and that will probably be one of the main topics at our Thanksgiving dinner. I'm also 4 months pregnant, and will probably cry at the dinner table if he does that. I can see it now....I'll probably cruise by myself. IMHO, people shouldn't have negative opinions about cruising if they've never been on one. I'm just sayin'...

That some reason would be overblown media dramatics.

Archived