Destiny Aft Corner Wraps - Any difference between decks?

planN4all

Hello! Hoping for some help pre-final booking today. Are there any differences in the Destiny's staterooms from corner to corner, or deck to deck for the Aft Corner Balcony Wraps specifically? The choices are from deck 6, Upper, or deck 7 Empress, or deck 8 Verandah. I've seen some photos, but can't seem to tell if there are any differences from deck to deck...

Thanks so much in advance!

On deck six, it looks like you may be over the barback or service facilities and stairs, maybe that's why it's not noisy? I was just afraid with it being over a public area.

Do you know if there is really a difference between the length of the balconies deck to deck? I don't know how accurate the drawings of the decks are on the Carnival site!

Really do appreciate the help; this is only a second cruise for us since 2005 and it will again be long time between going again so trying to get it right!!

We just got off Liberty - we were in the aft balcony on deck 6, right NEXT to the aft wrap - over a lounge that was used as the comedy club for 4 nights, and for bands 3 nights -

While there was a little big of noise (we could kind of hear the bass) on the nights the bands played, it always stopped by midnight. I'm not a huge night owl when cruising with the kids, but not an early bird either, so it didn't really bother me at all - I usually spend some time in the cabin reading before bed. The Fun Times had me a little worried, because they gave the time for the bands as 9pm - late (no definition of late ... :eek:), but things worked out just fine and I would gladly book that cabin on that floor again - and especially the one next to it!

Destiny and Liberty are very similar ships - I don't think you'll have any issues with this cabin unless you're a person who likes to be asleep by 10pm - then you could have a problem as the band will typically take a break and then restart - and that could wake you if you need silence to sleep - but we were never even in the cabin before 11ish between late dining and shows - and the quiet in the hallways since there is so little traffic back there certainly was a treat. We also did NOT experience any noise or vibration from the aft thrusters, as some had suggested we might.

Enjoy your ship and don't sweat the small stuff - the cabin is right over the bar, the stage is on the other side of the lounge, and while there are speakers under the cabins, it really wasn't a big deal at all - I'd rather have a little bass at night than deck chairs sliding around over my head at 6am!

Archived