Question regarding waverunners

party-of-5-ny

We reserved 2 jet skis through Ebanks for our cruise next week, (November 16th).

We will be riding double, I'm just wondering exactly how "rough" the ride will be. I know it will depend on how choppy the water is that day, but what would be the worst, and best case scenario?

I've never been on a waverunner before, but have snowmobiled extensively.

Also, does anyone know what the water temperature will be in November? Our tour is at 11 am, and my husband is concerned that it will be chilly (for me, not for him!)

I'd love to hear from someone who has done this recently.

Thanks!

...I'm just wondering exactly how "rough" the ride will be. I know it will depend on how choppy the water is that day...

Asked and answered. Can't say any more than that.

Also, does anyone know what the water temperature will be in November?

Water is about 82°F.

I've never been on a waverunner before, but have snowmobiled extensively.

It's going to be fairly similar. All the possible variations on snowmobiling will be found on a waverunner. Could be really bumpy, with jumps and the possibility of tipping, where you'll need to go slower to keep control. Could be smooth and flat, where you'll be able to get up some nice speed on the straightaway.

And the same skill sets will apply...keeping your balance over bumps and jumps, not driving like a maniac, peripheral awareness, that kind of thing.

If you enjoy snowmobiling and are relatively experienced at it, you'll likely do fine on a waverunner.

The biggest difference, IMO, is the spray. Sunglasses (with a neck strap) or goggles are a must. You are likely to get a face full of spray no matter what the weather conditions are... :D

we went on 11/2 it was very choppy but the water was warm......make sure you bring their phone number and confirmation...they forgot about us and we stood on the curb for over an hour until we found a 'local' with a cell phone that would call them for us....the stingray's are GREAT..going to rum point is very lame.....buyer beware

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we're back from our trip. Here's my little plug for ebanks.

We were told to meet them at a certain restaurant in Grand Cayman. They were right on time. Very friendly driver took us to the marina.

Our tourguide was named Richard, and he gave us our safety information, and outfitted us with life vests, then we headed towards Stingray City.

The temp. was 82 degrees that day, and the weather was bright and sunny, and warm. No problem getting in the water, it was nice!

Richard was great, he gave us a super great experience with the stingrays, we all got to hold one, kiss it, have photos taken, whatever we wanted, for as long as we wanted.

Then we went snorkeling for awhile. Saw some pretty nice schools of fish. On the way back, Richard stopped, picked up a huge red starfish, and called us all over to look at it and hold it.

I highly recommend ebanks for the waverunner tour. No problems at all!

Archived