Dining Questions

TonyCruise

We are first time cruisers going on Fantasy in April and I have some questions on the dining options.

1) The Lido deck buffet serves breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, correct?

2) What time does the buffet open for breakfast?

3) Does the buffet breakfast include made to order items like omelets and waffles or just the usual steam table items like bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs? Do they also have the usual cold items like pastries, muffins, cereal, fruit, etc?

Thanks,

Tony.

TonyCruise

1) The Lido deck buffet serves breakfast, lunch and dinner every day, correct?

Correct.

2) What time does the buffet open for breakfast?

7AM Lido buffet - Early risers coffee, tea, danish 6AM

3) Does the buffet breakfast include made to order items like omelets and waffles or just the usual steam table items like bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs? Do they also have the usual cold items like pastries, muffins, cereal, fruit, etc?

Some ships have made-to-order omelets. Otherwise, the usual items as you mentioned, hot and cold.

You didn't ask, but you really should try the dining room for breakfast at least once. Eggs Benedict, Strawberry Crepes, Belgian waffles, Eggs to order, etc. Yum.:)

You didn't ask, but you really should try the dining room for breakfast at least once. Eggs Benedict, Strawberry Crepes, Belgian waffles, Eggs to order, etc. Yum.:)

Oh I definitely plan to have breakfast in the dining room! There is only one day I think that we want to take an early excursion and cannot make the dining room time.

One other question - can you wear swimsuits, shorts, t-shirts, etc. in the formal dining room for breakfast and lunch?

Thanks,

Tony.

On a related note ... I think it is the Fantasy class ships that have two dining rooms, one midship and one aft. For those of you who have sailed, is there one dining room that is preferable over the other? And what determines which room you are assigned to? Just curious.:rolleyes:

Tony - No swimsuits or coverups allowed in the dining room at any time. Shorts are fine for b'fast and lunch.

Ruffster - Most Carnival ships have two dining rooms, even the oldest. Your dining room is assigned prior to the cruise, and will be noted on your Sail & Sign card you receive when you board. Both dining rooms are basically the same. Logically, your dining room will be the closest to your cabin location - however, this is not always the case. Last cruise, I had the first cabin (E-1), and was assigned the aft dining room. Long walk!:)

Grand - I think it depends on the ship. On the Holiday, for example, I had my assigned table for all three meals...never a question. My waiter was waving me over to my table each time I entered the dining room for b'fast and lunch. Some days I was the only one at my table, which was fine 'cause it gave my waiter and I some chat time.:)

However, on the Sensation, b'fast and lunch was 'open seating', and they put you at the nearest empty spot. (Didn't like that.)

Last cruise, I had the first cabin (E-1), and was assigned the aft dining room. Long walk!:)

I guess you worked up quite the appetite after that walk. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like after a couple of days your stomach's timeclock has reset to the dinner seating you're assigned to? Lord knows after breakfast, lunch, midday snack, afternoon tea, dinner, midnight buffet and 24-hour pizza, we don't eat nearly enough on these cruises, lol. So why am I hungry all the time?:confused:

I'm going on Carnival Destiny in the next week, and I am on a strict low-cholesterol diet, does anyone know if the Destiny will make scrambled egg whites for breakfast? Or is it basically whatever they make it what you get, no specifications. Would love any info!

Ruffster - :D I know what you mean. Oh, and that long walk for every meal is probably the reason I gained "O" pounds on the last cruise!

Bantha - You won't be able to get special-order foods at the Lido Deck buffet, but you can order the eggwhite-only scrambled eggs in the dining room.

Archived