Wine package rcci

harvey1964

I think this is a fairly recent price list. The Diamond package can select wines from the Platinum and Gold packages as well.

GOLD

5 - $135; $27

7 - $180; $25.70

10 - $245; $24.50

12 - $275; $22.90

PLATINUM

5 - $145; $29

7 - $195; $27.85

10- $265; $26.50

12- $300; $25

DIAMOND

5 - $180; $36

7 - $240; $34.30

10- $330; $33

12- $395; $32.10

I think this is a fairly recent price list. The Diamond package can select wines from the Platinum and Gold packages as well.

GOLD

5 - $135; $27

7 - $180; $25.70

10 - $245; $24.50

12 - $275; $22.90

PLATINUM

5 - $145; $29

7 - $195; $27.85

10- $265; $26.50

12- $300; $25

DIAMOND

5 - $180; $36

7 - $240; $34.30

10- $330; $33

12- $395; $32.10

This was my latest list as well, but it does NOT include the 15% gratuity. That will change the per-bottle price but then again, that same 15% will be added on to each individual bottle when purchased.

IMHO, the Platinum 10 bottle package is still one of the best deals as it contains the Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, Dashwood Sauvignon Blanc, Estancia Pinot Noir, Familia Rutini Malbec, Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon, and the Ravenswood Zinfandel. All are very drinkable and would cost more if purchased individually.

Harvey1964,

Overall, the wine packages are a great buy if you are a wine drinker like DW and our cruising friends. We sailed the Oasis back in April and both our friends and us got the 10 bottle Gold package. The ladies drank all of the wine in our packages in 5 days :D and had to revert to buying single bottles or glasses. I don't remember the price of the bottles (depends on the vintner) but a glass of red wine was $9.00 a pop BEFORE gratuities!:eek:

Getting a wine pkg was great since we could take our unfinished bottles back to our cabins and use them later. (Hint... five finger a glass from the MDR and take your bottle out to the large balconies on Decks 11 & 12 aft on the port and starboard side. These public balconies have about 12 chairs and overlook the Aquatheater. Watch the shows without a reservation!) Enjoy your cruise!!!

-------------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… ready to pull the trigger…

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Question. If I purchase a Wine package in my husbands name will I be able to pick up a bottle of wine for him from the bar or windjammer or would he only be able to pick it up because it's in his name only?

I'm the go-fer in this family.

Question. If I purchase a Wine package in my husbands name will I be able to pick up a bottle of wine for him from the bar or windjammer or would he only be able to pick it up because it's in his name only?

I'm the go-fer in this family.

Unless he has figured out some way to keep you from signing on his seapass account (and if he has, I'd like to hear about it :)), you should have no trouble picking up a bottle.

Not all bars have the personnel to leave and pick up your wine, so they may not be able to accomodate your request. Also, the windjammer is on deck 11 or so and the wine is stored in the MDR area, several decks lower, so it can take awhile to have someone go and get it. If you can plan ahead, take it from the MDR the night before. Either the waiter can open the bottle for you, your cabin steward can bring you a corkscrew or you can bring your own. Glasses should be readily available almost anywhere.

Enjoy.

Unless he has figured out some way to keep you from signing on his seapass account (and if he has, I'd like to hear about it :)), you should have no trouble picking up a bottle.

Not all bars have the personnel to leave and pick up your wine, so they may not be able to accomodate your request. Also, the windjammer is on deck 11 or so and the wine is stored in the MDR area, several decks lower, so it can take awhile to have someone go and get it. If you can plan ahead, take it from the MDR the night before. Either the waiter can open the bottle for you, your cabin steward can bring you a corkscrew or you can bring your own. Glasses should be readily available almost anywhere.

Enjoy.

Thank you for the info. It will be our shared seapass so it shouldn't be a problem. I thought a bottle could be picked up at any bar but from what you say it is stored in the MDR. Can I pick it up down there (MDR) at any time??

Thank you for the info. It will be our shared seapass so it shouldn't be a problem. I thought a bottle could be picked up at any bar but from what you say it is stored in the MDR. Can I pick it up down there (MDR) at any time??

It's not that you can't pick up wine in any bar. It's just that the bars generally don't have sufficient personnel to allow someone to leave for the 10 - 15 minutes it takes to go to the MDR,find your bottle and return. but it doesn't hurt to ask, just the same. I have had more success asking one of the people in the Windjammer. That venue always has extra people who don't seem to mind the break from their routine.

You can always pick up a bottle from the main dining room as long as it is open. It does close between meals for clean up and such.

We were kind of glad that we didn't buy the wine package. We only consumed 3 bottles on the cruise and would have had to transport extra bottles off the ship @ high prices.

We also went to the wine dinner series @ Portofinos so that wine was included.

It's not that you can't pick up wine in any bar. It's just that the bars generally don't have sufficient personnel to allow someone to leave for the 10 - 15 minutes it takes to go to the MDR,find your bottle and return. but it doesn't hurt to ask, just the same. I have had more success asking one of the people in the Windjammer. That venue always has extra people who don't seem to mind the break from their routine.

You can always pick up a bottle from the main dining room as long as it is open. It does close between meals for clean up and such.

Thanks!

We were kind of glad that we didn't buy the wine package. We only consumed 3 bottles on the cruise and would have had to transport extra bottles off the ship @ high prices.

We also went to the wine dinner series @ Portofinos so that wine was included.

I don't know which cruise you were on but, I suspect, for most people on a 7 day cruise, purchasing a wine package doesn't make sense.

• 1 month later...
I was under the impression that you could only request a bottle from your wine package in the dining room or windjammer, not at the bars. Has this changed and is there a fee, like a corking fee, if a bottle is requested at a bar?

great question.. I was wanting to know the same thing????

5 - $135; $27

7 - $180; $25.70

10 - $245; $24.50

12 - $275; $22.90

PLATINUM

5 - $145; $29

7 - $195; $27.85

10- $265; $26.50

12- $300; $25

DIAMOND

5 - $180; $36

7 - $240; $34.30

10- $330; $33

12- $395; $32.10

So per the above post, I have to add 15% too the above prices? is that correct?

I was under the impression that you could only request a bottle from your wine package in the dining room or windjammer, not at the bars. Has this changed and is there a fee, like a corking fee, if a bottle is requested at a bar?

Generally, the bars do not have the personal to take the time to get the bottle for you. Remember, all wine package bottles are kept in a storeroom off the main dining room. If you request a bottle from one of the bars, they have to dispatch someone to the MDR and leaves them short in the bar area. The Windjammer also has to send someone, but there are a lot of people available, so the loss of one person is not a big deal. There isn't a fee, but they may not be able to spare a person for you. Better to take it from the MDR or request a bottle from the Windjammer and eat a plate of french fries while waiting for your wine. ;) :D

5 - $135; $27

7 - $180; $25.70

10 - $245; $24.50

12 - $275; $22.90

PLATINUM

5 - $145; $29

7 - $195; $27.85

10- $265; $26.50

12- $300; $25

DIAMOND

5 - $180; $36

7 - $240; $34.30

10- $330; $33

12- $395; $32.10

So per the above post, I have to add 15% too the above prices? is that correct?

If memory serves me, you have to add the 15%. The same is true if you order an individual bottle, so the math is basically the same either way.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question just to be clear on this. If we do not finish a bottle of wine at dinner in the MDR we can take it back to our room? We are on the FOS in April. Also, if you buy the wine package, can you order in Portifinos and Chops? This is our first cruise and we are wine drinkers so I'm very interested in finding out all the details of the package.

TIA

We are on the FOS in April. Also, if you buy the wine package, can you order in Portifinos and Chops?

Yes. I also believe if you have only finished half a bottle of wine in the MDR, you can send the bottle to Portifinos and Chops for the next day

I think it must depend on the ship. We have never been able to access our wine package at a bar. We have been able to access it in all dining venues. And trust me, we have tried :)

We just bought the 7 Premium wine package on Saturday. It was $195 plus the $27 in gratuity.

Order your bottles at dinner and then take them with you.

The last cruise (a B2B) we ordered too much and just collected our extra bottles on the last night of the cruise.''

More questions?

I don't know which cruise you were on but, I suspect, for most people on a 7 day cruise, purchasing a wine package doesn't make sense.

I don't understand this statement. If you are a wine drinker, it doesn't matter how long your cruise is. If you drink the wines that are on the list, it will always make sense to order the package. My husband and I drink a bottle of wine with dinner almost every night so we always order the 7 bottle package for a 7 night cruise. If we skip a night, we just order an extra bottle the next night so we have some in the room.

You will need to be a little careful with the wine packages since the lists were changed a couple of years ago. It appears that the actual prices of individual bottles are less than the package price. In the Diamond package, for example, out of a total of 25 wines available you would lose money if you chose 12 of those bottles. It would seem that the best bet (if you can drink the wines) that the Gold Package offers the best value for money. The maximum you would save on a 7 bottle package would be a total of $9.29 over the individual bottles. You must bear in mind; is it really worth it to spend $180 to potentially save a max of $9.29.

I have never heard of wine package bottles being available at the bars. They are normally only available in the MDR, Windjammer and the specialty restaurants

You will need to be a little careful with the wine packages since the lists were changed a couple of years ago. It appears that the actual prices of individual bottles are less than the package price. In the Diamond package, for example, out of a total of 25 wines available you would lose money if you chose 12 of those bottles. It would seem that the best bet (if you can drink the wines) that the Gold Package offers the best value for money. The maximum you would save on a 7 bottle package would be a total of $9.29 over the individual bottles. You must bear in mind; is it really worth it to spend $180 to potentially save a max of $9.29.

I have never heard of wine package bottles being available at the bars. They are normally only available in the MDR, Windjammer and the specialty restaurants

I could be wrong but isn't the $9.29 per bottle? Which would translate into savings of $65.03.

Yes. I also believe if you have only finished half a bottle of wine in the MDR, you can send the bottle to Portifinos and Chops for the next day

You can, but why??? The wine selection in the specialty restaurants is different and superior to what is available in the wine package.

I think it must depend on the ship. We have never been able to access our wine package at a bar. We have been able to access it in all dining venues. And trust me, we have tried :)

As I said, the bars don't have the staff to retrieve your wine package. They are too busy working the bar.

I don't understand this statement. If you are a wine drinker, it doesn't matter how long your cruise is. If you drink the wines that are on the list, it will always make sense to order the package. My husband and I drink a bottle of wine with dinner almost every night so we always order the 7 bottle package for a 7 night cruise. If we skip a night, we just order an extra bottle the next night so we have some in the room.
You're right, it doesn't make sense. Must have been drinking too much at the time I posted. Sorry about that.

Archived