That's why we cruise with Fred

A bit quite on here so thought I would just bounce this about.

Just browsing the other boards that we cruise with and I bet on every one there is always a right ding dong goung on about "can we wear flip flops on formal nights" or " please keep OV off our P&O ships".

Well isn't it just fine that we never get those questions on here, or am I just been a touch grand?

A Formal night with a 100% Tux turnout is something that makes Fred the tops I think.

Now I bet after posting this a question will come up to prove me wrong:D

Now back to the P&O site where there is a billy do going on that's getting quite feisty.

Take it easy.

a bit quite on here so thought i would just bounce this about.

Just browsing the other boards that we cruise with and i bet on every one there is always a right ding dong goung on about "can we wear flip flops on formal nights" or " please keep ov off our p&o ships".

Well isn't it just fine that we never get those questions on here, or am i just been a touch grand?

A formal night with a 100% tux turnout is something that makes fred the tops i think.

Now i bet after posting this a question will come up to prove me wrong:d

now back to the p&o site where there is a billy do going on that's getting quite feisty.

Take it easy.

my wife and i were on boudicca june this year , on the first formal night a gentleman turned up dressed in t shirt and shorts and you guessed it;);) flip flops and he was very unhappy when he was refused entry to restuarnt.

The other passengers ,well some of the older ones there was a lot of tut tutting,well i never and us younger ones(im 65)well we just had a good laugh to our selfs at his boldness.

The question we were asking was ,did he realy not know what a formal night was? Was he trying it on? Or was doing it for a bet. All i can say is nobody asked him as he seemed to be on his own and a bit of a loner.

We were on Braemar recently and a man was turned away from the restaurant because hehad neither a jacket or tie on an informal night. It was done very discreetly-----we only knew because we were sitting right opposite the entrance to the restaurant, and he came back with a jacket very quickly. I agree with what the OP said about Fred, everything is black and white (especially formal nights boom boom!)

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised with Fred for the first time on Boudicca to Norway in May this year it was a great first time cruise, great food, people and ship. One of the things that also made it for my wife and I (both under 60) was the chance to dress for dinner, it adds a little something that is missing on most other types of holidays. We are looking forward to our next cruise with Fred which is to the Baltic next August 18th 2011 and as this is a longer cruise than the one to Norway it will be nice to have more than two fomal nights.:)

We cruised with Fred for the first time on Boudicca to Norway in May this year it was a great first time cruise, great food, people and ship. One of the things that also made it for my wife and I (both under 60) was the chance to dress for dinner, it adds a little something that is missing on most other types of holidays. We are looking forward to our next cruise with Fred which is to the Baltic next August 18th 2011 and as this is a longer cruise than the one to Norway it will be nice to have more than two fomal nights.:)

We did Fred for the first time this year and enjoyed it so much that we booked again for March 2011. We are in our 50's and found the country house hotel style suited us very well. three formal nights was good along with the three themed nights.:)

Archived