Dec 31: business as usual in Barbados?

adlm

I'll be in Barbados on Dec 31! Can anybody tell me what's opening / close on new year's eve? I plan to book glory tour for 1/2 day tour but don't know if they're on hollidays on not!

I emailed Sarah from Glory Tour & am waiting for her feed back!

Thks

We will be there on the 31st as well. I emailed Sarah and she told me that they are not working that day and many others are not as well. That was in September. I'm curious to see how she answers you.

I'll keep checking back.

Judi

Hi,

Also in Barbados Friday 31st Dec (Hi Getts!) We are having trouble finding a car rental company, will they be closed too?

Will a taxi/tour company be a better idea- thinking of maybe the caves, hunts gardens and somewhere along the east coast for lunch.

Really wanted to be independent and rent a car, same side of the road for us.

Will keep looking...

Hi,

Also in Barbados Friday 31st Dec (Hi Getts!) We are having trouble finding a car rental company, will they be closed too?

Will a taxi/tour company be a better idea- thinking of maybe the caves, hunts gardens and somewhere along the east coast for lunch.

Really wanted to be independent and rent a car, same side of the road for us.

Will keep looking...

Most rental car companies are usually pretty flexible and may/will be able to work with you regarding pick up/drop off of cars, even though they maybe "officially" closed.

Taxis are pretty flexible as well and are willing to cater to your needs so this may be just as good as renting your own car. The usual tourist attractions may e doing half day as well...it maybe best to try contacting them directly and see.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I got feed back from Sarah and my understanding is Glory tour offers some tours for that date. She confirms me the 1/2 day "bajan paradise" is still available for that date.

We have been to the Boatyard before on Dec 31 and also on Dec 24th and they were both open during the day- since they make their money on the Curise boat passenger's. Most just close up early around 5 which is when you need to be back on board anyway for 6 pm sailing. The shops in town might not be open- but this is a Sat. this year, so most will be open during the day

Archived