Carnival Destiny - Dress codes and Restaurants

travelgirl11

First Time cruisers -

We are taking a 5 night cruise on the Destiny. A bit confused about the dress codes. Are there formal nights to dress up- more than one? If so, how should you dress for that? Also, I have seen postings regarding a steak house - does the Destiny ship have this? Or a restaurant on the ship where you pay to eat? Could someone please clarify about the dress codes and what types of restaurants there are (and what the dress code requirement is)?

Thanks!!

First Time cruisers -

We are taking a 5 night cruise on the Destiny. A bit confused about the dress codes. Are there formal nights to dress up- more than one? If so, how should you dress for that? Also, I have seen postings regarding a steak house - does the Destiny ship have this? Or a restaurant on the ship where you pay to eat? Could someone please clarify about the dress codes and what types of restaurants there are (and what the dress code requirement is)?

Thanks!!

I have not been on a cruise yet - but am going on the Destiny in two weeks, so I have been doing some research...

From what I have read - there is one formal night. (I was told the fist full day's evening, so the day after you board the ship)

I have also heard there is no steak house. As far I know, dress code for the dinning rooms are dressier than casual wear, but not tuxedo.

Check the carnival website for exact info - or hopefully someone else with experience will reply to this thread.

Hope my answer helped al little. ;)

I'll be leaving on the Destiny Monday for the 5-night cruise. As mentioned, elegant night is the 2nd day of your voyage on the short and long cruises, however those that are 6+ days actually have a 2nd formal. I've only done 4 or 5 days, and usually we dress up really nice this night, the rest of the cruise, if we eat in the MDR, we wear nice capris, blouses, not necessarily dressy, but as if you were going out to eat at home.

There's no need to get overdressed, with the exception of taking pics home in your dressy attire, which many don't get an opportunity to do often, so they tend to go all out for this. There is no STEAKHOUSE restaurant on the Destiny, as the larger (newer) ships usually only offer those. Regardless, as a newbie to cruising, I can guarantee you'll be overwhelmed at the selection of what's offered, so you'd never miss having the pay option. Also, dress according to your comfort level, you shouldn't feel out of place or underdressed. Everyone now has the cruising attitude of "i'm on vacation and I just want to be comfortable" frame of mind, which you can't go wrong with.

Have a great cruise!!:D

Archived