What to do after a Rome in Limo tour

stacycakes1

Hello all! After the great things written on here about Rome in Limo my Fiance and I have decided to do one of there tours with some of our fellow cruisers from Roll Call.

My question though is, we arrive in port at Civitavecchia at 8:00am and don't leave until 10:00pm. The Rome in Limo tour is 8 hours long and I am asuming will start when they pick us up. Give a little travel time and time to get off the ship and we are looking at being done with the Vatican part of the tour in the afternoon around 5 - 6pm. Should we head back to the port and check out the local fair in Civitavecchia to be safe or do we have time to walk around Rome a bit more and take a train or something back?

Has anyone else encountered this situation, and if so, what did you do?

Thanks!

You also have to factor in the traffic situation on the highway. My first time in Rome, I was thinking the same thing! But the time really does go by really quickly and anything unaccounted for could eat up those minutes at the end of the tour. RIL, I believe, is ready to handle just about anything that comes up, but don't be surprised if you don't have as much "extra" time as you think you might. Enjoy your trip!!! Shelly:)

Archived