Cas Cay Eco Float/Hike/Snorkel

MAGNUM PI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicolio,

Please let us know how you like it when you get back (we leave on 3/26!). It does sound like fun, but it must be a new excursion, because I haven't seen anything else on it. I'm wondering if you walk through woods and you'll need bug spray??

my family did this tour this past thanksgiving. First, they took you to an island in motor powered rafts. Hermit crabs were crawling all over the place and my daughters (7 & 8) did enjoy racing them. (They offered you bug spray here because of the bugs in this wooded area.) Then you hiked around with your guide telling you about the plants living here. Once you got away from the area where the crabs were, there weren't any more bugs to worry about. The hike itself wasn't bad either. The land is flat & you stop every couple of minutes. Finally you arrived at a natural blowhole and were able to get your photo taken in front of it. After walking back to the rafts, we were supposed to snorkel right there at the marine preserve but the water was too cloudy that day from rain earlier in the week. They took us to a small beach next to a hotel and we snorkeled there instead. While it was fun, it was definitely not as fun as the excursion we did last time to trunk bay. I don't think it was worth the money.

Archived