No more Karoke hosts...

Jabee

I expected some folks to yelll out they were glad to have more comedy, and that is fine with me.

But, many of us do enjoy Karaoke. My concern is that when I made my one cruise on NCL, we had Karaoke every night, but a different staff person every night. It was horrible. They did not have a clue about singers, which ones to avoid, which were crowd favorites, who might sing a tasteless song, etc.

Every cruise I have been on with Carnival has had someone as the Host, and that person can make or break the show (yeah some good and some bad.)

We have one less person in the bands now, no more Karaoke hosts except on 7 day cruise ships. I am sure they will have Karaoke on other cruises, but who will host could be interesting.

As one who used to do karaoke shows in a bar twice a week, my main goal was to ensure that everyone had the same shot to sing, and went straight down the line (no one can sign up again until they sing) whether they are crowd pleasers or not, second goal to try to adjust mikes, music etc to make the singer sound as good as possible. Of course, the ones who are trying purposely to be obnoxious and the drunks who think they constantly have to make unwanted announcements can be solved with the mute button. Third goal to mix in a little break music etc to keep the non singers involved.

I found that the karaoke on the fantasy last month had fairly large crowds, but usually only a rotation of 8-10 people that seemed to want to sing at any time, so I think all who really wanted to got to sing. Jay did a great job, especially with the equipment available on the ship.

On the weekends at the local bar with a crowd of 120-125, there were at least 30-40 who wanted to sing..... if you signed up after 12:15, there were no more signups until closing time at 2...

Just saying that to say as long as people can sing or just want to have fun trying they should have the same shot... I sing very well (or thats what I'm told), but if I am at a crowded club I don't expect to sing more than once or twice a night.

karaoke on the fantasy last month had fairly large crowds, but usually only a rotation of 8-10 people that seemed to want to sing at any time, so I think all who really wanted to got to sing.

That is important to note. While I may go out to karaoke with my husband, I have NO desire to sing. In fact, my friends (or relatives) and I do not go to sing, rather we want to hear the others (hopefully talented ones) sing.

Please don't tell me they are going to get rid of Jay! We were on the Fantasy in October and he was hilarious! We don't sing karaoke but loved going to watch every night. I am looking forward to our next cruse on the Fantasy. I hope he will still be there!

Archived