Diving in Belize

tootsiescurly

I am on the Splendour Feb 26th. RCCL had cancelled their dive trip excursion for Belize, I never got a good answer why. So I would check if RCCL even offers a dive trip in Belize your week. I decided not to dive in Belize, and only dive in Cozumel and Grand Cayman with a non-ship dive operator.

Because we'll have 2 tank boat dives in Costa Maya, Cozumel & Grand Cayman + Stingray City snokel in GC.

trying to squeeze in another in Belize at 6:30am, tender in & out, & paying $149 each for 4 persons is too ridiculous for Belize, when we're only paying $55 - $70 at other ports. & then try to get back to the ship by 12:30pm is too stressful...

I skipped diving in Belize with RCCL to spend some time with the wife and visit some Mayan Ruins. No other reason. I am still open on diving in Costa Maya, will wait until I get there and see what the dive shops look like. I guess with Costa Maya being so new with few dive shops, I am hesitant to jump in until I can check out the operation and air compressor equipment.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which dive operation to use in Belize or should we book thru Royal Caribbean? We are going to be on the Splendour of the Seas sailing on Apr 2. We prefer to dive with a small group not a herd.:confused:

I had my RCCL dive cancelled once I was on the ship. A group I met on board had booked with Shoretrips.com and I called them while on board and booked with them to dive in Belize. They bent over backwards to get it for me. Since then I've booked with them for dives in ST. Thomas, Cozumel, Roatan and Grand Cayman. Its nice that they're a US based company, so that I had a local contact when I needed it. They were really helpful.

RCCL has been canceling the dive excursion in Belize with some frequency according to the boards here. I originally booked the shorex atoll trip for my group on the April 23rd sailing, but it was canceled shortly after booking.

There are two advantages to booking the shorex in Belize: you are picked up and returned to the ship, and the trip goes way out to the atoll. Yes, it's pricey, but worth every penny for the atoll dive and less hassle factor (BTDT).

That being said, I have booked with Seasports Belize, and will be tendering in for my dive this time. I'd rather tender than miss a dive. Seasports requires 4 divers to book a trip, and I saw somewhere on the board where some people were able to hook up for a booking.

There are actually two dive operations in Costa Maya, and I also booked Blueha. Neptunes divers are booked for GC, but I have been having some difficulty reaching my chosen operation in CZ.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm wondering if anybody knows a good dive shop out of Belize City that will take divers AND snorkellers so our group of 11 can stay together..???

Any recommendations? We are in from 8am to 6pm, so I am thinking that is enough time to book independently of the ship.

How long does it take to tender? (roughly)???

Thanks!

:confused:

Hi - I'm wondering if anybody knows a good dive shop out of Belize City that will take divers AND snorkellers so our group of 11 can stay together..???

Any recommendations? We are in from 8am to 6pm, so I am thinking that is enough time to book independently of the ship.

Thanks!

Which ship are you on? We are on the Splendour of the Seas. I think that Seasport Belize would take a group that size. They need minimum of 4 people to book. We have been trying to find 2 other people.

Apparently, on the Splendour if you get on the first several tenders into Belize you do not need a tender ticket. The trip with Seasport leaves between 9:30 and 10.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Try seasportsbelieze.com I haven't heard much about them one way or the other, but they do accommodate cruisers. I would try to go with them. I do believe that they drop the scuba divers off and then take the snorkelers over to the shallow area for supervised snorkeling.

It takes about 20 minutes to tender.

Try seasportsbelieze.com I haven't heard much about them one way or the other, but they do accommodate cruisers. I would try to go with them. I do believe that they drop the scuba divers off and then take the snorkelers over to the shallow area for supervised snorkeling.

It takes about 20 minutes to tender.

Here's a vote for SeaSports.Belize. We used 'em a couple of years ago, with a group of snorkelers, and one diver....we've booked 'em again for an upcoming cruise in June. My wife & son will be snorkeling, and I'll be doing a 2-tank. Linda, (one of the owners), didn't mention a 4-person minimum. This may be due to the fact that the Miracle will be the only ship in port that day. She may also have booked other people, on the same tour. You still have to tender, but their shop is only a couple of blocks from the tender dock. After your tour is finished, they drop you off directly on the ship. They took great care of us before and I can't wait to dive with them this summer.....hope this helps!

Archived