Girls' cruise

NightRN

A friend of mine and I are turning 40 and want to celebrate on the 4 day Mexico cruise out of LA. We have a group of women going with us to help celebrate. What advice do you have for us? No men. No kids. Just old women going wild. :p

A friend of mine and I are turning 40 and want to celebrate on the 4 day Mexico cruise out of LA. We have a group of women going with us to help celebrate. What advice do you have for us? No men. No kids. Just old women going wild. :p

Go

Have Fun

Be Smart

Be Careful

Look out for each other

Have Fun

GO!

First advice - Don't call yourself that!

2nd - go to Senior Frogs!

...want to celebrate on the 4 day Mexico cruise... What advice do you have for us? No men. No kids.

Advise? No men, no kids?....Take a longer cruise!!!

Seriously, the adivce given above is good - dress up, get group (and single) pictures taken, have fun pamper yourselves (my personal recommendation is...If you're only going for 4 days, don't waste a day with a hangover - moderation in all things ;))

We have just recently started this "tradition" April 2010 it was my friend from high school and April 2011 we have added another friend. Both my high school friend and I will be celebrating 50 (her in March and me in July) and our added passenger is celebrating 39 the week before we go, so go and have a blast just being "girls again". This next cruise we will be going from Sat-Thurs in place of Thurs-Mon and have decided we will be trying ziplining in Jamaica. Its time to start really living before its too late! Enjoy yourselves and worry just about you for a few days we all deserve to do that.

About the spa, wait until you get on the ship to book your treatments. They normally have specials and packages.On a recent cruise, my wife even placed a bid for the treatments she wanted (she offered less than 50% of the advertised price) and they accepted it!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am thinking about surprising everyone with a spa "day". Any good recommendations?

That sounds fun! They usually have Port Day specials that offer a cheaper price and often a package (pick two or three treatments). Do the spa preview before sailaway if possible and you may win something too!

Enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful b-day!

1. you're not old

2. take a longer cruise

3. save lots of money for lots of drinks.

4. plan alone time away from your friends.... even 4 days with them without a break is a lot..

5. take a longer cruise

6. take a longer cruise

7. take a longer cruise

8. well you get it,... :D

My girlfriends and I went this spring for our 30th birthdays. On top of what everyone mentioned don't feel like you have to spend every moment together. At sea days are a great chance to let everyone float about and follow their own vacation mode. Our best days were when we'd say "See you at ___ at __ oclock" and didn't worry about catching up to each other or if everyone was having fun. Just kick back and have fun!

My gf's and I do this one or two times a year. I agree with all of the above posts, especially take a 7 day cruise and don't think you have to do everything together. Have fun!!!! Be sure you join your roll call. You can meet some great people there that can make your cruise even more fun.

Cruises are the best trips for friends..We just went on our 12th one..We have been as small as 5 and as large as 39..Pick the ship,the girls figure out how many in a room they want..We all get a picture on formal night and most nights we see each other in the dining room..You come back a new women

• 2 weeks later...

First of all you will have a blast. We are on are second gals runaway weekend this coming January. There will be 12 of us only this year. We stay at the Queen Mary before the cruise and start the party early. There is so much to do, that celebrating a birthday will be a blast. We all went our seperate ways, then we did group events. Just enjoy the time with friends, no kids, no hubbies and most of all no responsibility.

Nancy

Archived