Wedding Dress

I know when I was married a few months ago on the ship I wore my dress as long as I could. Once my hair and makeup was done I put on my dress and stayed in it the entire day and evening until we went to bed! Trust me it was worth it, I found that everywhere you went you were congratulated as well for me at least it made me feel so special.

I'm not a type of person who likes attention however figured that that was OUR Day and I was going to wear my dress as long as I could. It was even a very formal dress.

So my suggestion is wear your dress for as long as you would feel comfortable. I paid for a dress that I would love and would wear as long as I could on that special day.

Congrats to all of you!

I wore my dress all day and all night!

Our wedding was at 1:00 and I wore my dress till almost 10pm that night. I never took it off. I had an A line dress with a waist lenghth bra and a decent sized trail I had bustled up. Not a full ball gown but big enough. My dress is a halter but I wore it strapless (just by tucking in the straps) after dinner the bra was becomming too uncomfortable so I just went back to the room slipped the bra off and hooked up my halter and was very comfortable for the rest of the night.

Also I bought us flip flops. Mine where white with rhinestones and I got him a black pair and after pictures, even before dinner we changed into our flip flops. I totally recomment this!! And it kinda fits into the cruising theme anyways.

We went to the welcome aboard show and hung out in a the lounges. We were exausted by 9:30 though so we didnt get to go up and dance in the disco but I would have had I had the energy.

No one offered to buy us any drinks though and the ship certainly didnt offer any complimentary drinks. So dont get your hopes up on that one.

Lots of people did stop to congratulate us and a very fun group of Israeli women danced around us in a circle and sang and took pictures and made a big deal, which was kinda embarassing but sweet all at the same time.

I wore my dress all day and all night!

Our wedding was at 1:00 and I wore my dress till almost 10pm that night. I never took it off. I had an A line dress with a waist lenghth bra and a decent sized trail I had bustled up. Not a full ball gown but big enough. My dress is a halter but I wore it strapless (just by tucking in the straps) after dinner the bra was becomming too uncomfortable so I just went back to the room slipped the bra off and hooked up my halter and was very comfortable for the rest of the night.

Also I bought us flip flops. Mine where white with rhinestones and I got him a black pair and after pictures, even before dinner we changed into our flip flops. I totally recomment this!! And it kinda fits into the cruising theme anyways.

We went to the welcome aboard show and hung out in a the lounges. We were exausted by 9:30 though so we didnt get to go up and dance in the disco but I would have had I had the energy.

No one offered to buy us any drinks though and the ship certainly didnt offer any complimentary drinks. So dont get your hopes up on that one.

Lots of people did stop to congratulate us and a very fun group of Israeli women danced around us in a circle and sang and took pictures and made a big deal, which was kinda embarassing but sweet all at the same time.

Love the comment about flip flops -I am definitely gonna do that (if I can find flip flops in Iowa in December :))

Love the comment about flip flops -I am definitely gonna do that (if I can find flip flops in Iowa in December :))

I bet you can find flip flops on ebay or basically anywhere online.

I am actually thinking of wearing flip flops to the wedding. My boyfriend (fiance? oh boy) is only an inch taller than me and in heels he's shorter, so I think it would be fun since all of the dresses I like are really long with trains. I think I will wear blue flip flops for my "something blue"..

I bet you can find flip flops on ebay or basically anywhere online.

I am actually thinking of wearing flip flops to the wedding. My boyfriend (fiance? oh boy) is only an inch taller than me and in heels he's shorter, so I think it would be fun since all of the dresses I like are really long with trains. I think I will wear blue flip flops for my "something blue"..

Great idea. My dress is short so I'll just plan to wear them afterward. I think I might get a plain pair, but bling them out a bit!

I actually got my flip flops from the bridal shop (David's Bridal) they had a bunch of different styles.

Thanks for the tip - I found a pair in the online store that will leave "just married" impressions in the sand. So cute!

Just to say less that a week to go and I finally had a call to say my dress is ready for fitting but I've boobed. I meant to get the length sorted to go with my flip flops and I didn't mind if you saw my shoes but it would stop it dragging on the floor when I wear my flit flops.

One to remember if you have a long dress

Since I will be renting my dress, it will need to be returned by one of my bridesmaids after the ceremony. I have decided to purchase another (more comfy) white dress to wear for the rest of the night.

What a great idea May 2011 Bride! I haven't heard of that before, but I love it! I did find a local place that will rent a cake - seriously! They have a selection of beautiful "fake" cakes that have a little spot where B&G can "cut" the cake for show. They will then serve the real cake from sheet cakes for all the guests. I thought that was SO clever!

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought my wedding gown this week. It's a gorgeous ballroom style dress without a train. Strapless. I was just talking to my mother who is insisting that I change out of the dress after the ceremony. I told her I wanted to stay in the dress because this is my special day. She thinks I am NUTS! she told me I will look ridioculous during the lifeboat drill wearing a life vest. I spent $$ on my dress and accessories and I also hate to just wear it all for an hour! My fiance' is an Army Captain and will be wearing his dress blues. Would you suggest us changing or staying in the attire for the remainder of the day and evening aboard the cruise? We are getting married in port before we set sail. I didn't even think about changing but now I wonder...suggestions anyone? :confused:

I just bought my wedding gown this week. It's a gorgeous ballroom style dress without a train. Strapless. I was just talking to my mother who is insisting that I change out of the dress after the ceremony. I told her I wanted to stay in the dress because this is my special day. She thinks I am NUTS! she told me I will look ridioculous during the lifeboat drill wearing a life vest. I spent $$ on my dress and accessories and I also hate to just wear it all for an hour! My fiance' is an Army Captain and will be wearing his dress blues. Would you suggest us changing or staying in the attire for the remainder of the day and evening aboard the cruise? We are getting married in port before we set sail. I didn't even think about changing but now I wonder...suggestions anyone? :confused:

Here's the deal; who's wedding day is it anyway?!?!?

Now, other than that main point, I don't think you will look ridiculous at all. In fact carry your camera along and make sure you take some 'fun' pics. Also, the muster drill doesn't take hours so it is just a moment in time. Many brides keep their dresses on the entire embarkment day and love it.

Question, is your mother going to buy you a second wedding dress to change into, perhaps one that you will love just as much but not as big if that is her concern!?!? Then perhaps that would be a change you don't mind.

Lastly, who's wedding day is it anyway?!?!? :D

pics in wedding clothes and lifejackets would be hilarious and awesome! :D I might get really hot though, as I am quite temperature sensitive LOL

IIRC, during muster, there are giant exhaust fans that you can stand near to keep a little cooler, but they might ruin the hairdo which would kinda suck...

I had a train with the small hoopy slip, didn't want the slip but had one anyway. By the time of the muster drill you could say my husband and I were a lil toasted, we are not drinkers. We wore our wedding attire to the muster drill drunk off our butts. The other guests gave us the front so we weren't smashed in the heat. The crew, from what my sister told us, were great and took pictures with my sisters camera. They aren't photographers...they never took off the lens cap LOL thought was there tho.

People did remember us and we heard congratulations all the time but it was fun.

Wear your dress, be happy, enjoy your day.

Archived