Getting ready for our first Carnival cruise...tips/advice?

SanKay

Janet - your post made me laugh out loud! hahaha!

me too ha ha . my first 2 cruises i did take a flashlight and never used it so i stopped taking it. i might put it back in the suitcase on my next cruise. better safe than sorry. but i know i wont need it ;).

We will be cruising on the Carnival Freedom next March. This is our 7th cruise, but first on Carnival. Need some tips and advice on things that you think would be helpful.

Thanks!

I can only compare RCI and Carnival. The biggest difference I found is that Carnival doesn't offer wall-climbing, surf riders, ice skating or billiards. None of things are reasons I go on a cruise so it wasn't something I missed. If those are must-do activities on a cruise, you won't like Carnival.

I found the Carnival food to be much better and varied - of course I am only able to compare to the last RCI cruise I was on (Jewel). The best dishes we have had were the Indian food. I think it is on the menu the first night but I have heard you can order it every night if you let you waiter know in advance.

I have sailed on Freedom and will say that it took me about a day to get used to the layout of the ship. There is only one public deck that goes completely forward to aft and it can be a little confusing at first when you reach some "dead ends". What helped alot were the neon signs overhead all the bulkheads with arrows telling you whether the area was one deck up, down or straight ahead.

You will enjoy it. What's not to like? You're on a ship, not at work, not on a conference call and someone else if cleaning up after you?

Archived