My review of the Carnival Freedom Oct. 31, 2010

disneyden

We Alabamians just addict to cruise or what? In our last cruise (this March), 4 couples participated a game show. 2 couples were from Alabama. We jumped in a random van with 2 other families for an excursion. A family was on another cruise ship. And they were from Birmingham. :cool:

I know! We met several people on our cruise that were from Alabama. I also saw several people wearing Alabama shirts while in Cozumel which I thought was pretty odd at first, then I realized that the Carnival Elation was in port that day. Since it leaves out of the port of Mobile , it made sense! LOL!

Thanks for the fabulous review and pics!! :D You're welcome!

I am on the Freedom for New Years and we are really excited now !!

Have fun!! I know you will. She is a beautiful ship!

COZUMEL

This is our final port day. As I said before, we were supposed to go to Jamaica on this day. Hurricane Tomas had other plans for us! I was really bummed about this because we had planned to visit Dunn’s River Falls and Mystic Mountain! Oh well, maybe next time. Anyway, we had visited Cozumel before and were pretty familiar with it. So, we decided to rent a Jeep Wrangler and tour the island on our own. We did this the last time we were there with family and had a blast! The only time I felt a little uncomfortable was when we passed a truck that had guys in the back of it holding machine guns!! I don’t know what they were doing or where they were going, I just knew that we were going to head in the other direction…FAST! We visited Bob Marley Beach and hung out there for a while. We then drove further down the beach, stopping couple of times to check out the beautiful scenery. Then we made our way to Coconuts. Coconuts is a little restaurant on a cliff overlooking the ocean on the back side of Cozumel. This place has breathtaking views of the ocean and the chicken fajitas were YUMMY!!

Arriving in Cozumel...

347.jpg

The water was VERY choppy the day that we arrived in Cozumel. I have heard that the NCL Epic had to delay in leaving Cozumel that night because the wind was gusting at 50 mph and it couldn't back away from her dock!

Here is a pic of a capsized boat by our dock. I felt so sorry for these poor fishermen, but at least they were ok.

Cozumel.jpg

Cozumel2.jpg

This pirate kept flirting with me!! (I think he just wanted my tip money! LOL!)

360.jpg

More pics of Bob Marley Beach...

Cozumel4.jpg

Notice the lighthouse at the far end of the beach. You can go visit it and climb to the top, but there is a $10.00 charge for it. The turn to go to the lighthouse is right beside Bob Marley Beach. Since we went there the that last time we visited, we decided not to go to it this time. I recommend that you visit it at least once if you go to Cozumel. The views are breathtaking, but SO high up there! (Remember, I am a sissy and scared of heights!! :eek:)

394.jpg

Below, is a picture of Coconuts restaurant. As I stated earlier, Coconuts is a little restaurant on a cliff overlooking the ocean on the back side of Cozumel.

509.jpg

This little guy was on the railing by the stairs at Coconuts. My DH didn't see him and almost put his hand right on him!

513.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing and I LOVE your enthusiasm! May I ask where that tree is in Key West? We leave in 25 days on the Freedom for the first time and can't wait!

If my memory serves me correctly, this is how you get to it. Walk down the pier past the buildings. When you get to the road, it should be down the road to your right. Have fun on your cruise!

Thanks for the review w/pics, We are 1 month till being on her for Christmas and getting more and more stoked and checking the boards on here way to often. Just printed boarding passes and luggage tags (wife already has suitcases set up in the spare room in various states of being packed) I am counting down the shifts of work till we go (only 3 left):D

From one "Dirty Banana" lover to another - - - Awesome review!! It definitely made me want to book that cruise again and hopefully the weather will be better. We couldn't do any excursions at the Grand Cayman or Jamaica because of the weather so our Stingray swim was cancelled. I was sooo bummed out.

Can't stand it - We need to book one soon! :)

Thanks for the review w/pics, We are 1 month till being on her for Christmas and getting more and more stoked and checking the boards on here way to often. Just printed boarding passes and luggage tags (wife already has suitcases set up in the spare room in various states of being packed) I am counting down the shifts of work till we go (only 3 left):D

Wow...on the Freedom for Christmas! I bet she will be beautifully decorated. Please take some pics and post them on here for us!! ;)

Don't feel bad, I started packing a month in advance for mine too! :D

From one "Dirty Banana" lover to another - - - Awesome review!! It definitely made me want to book that cruise again and hopefully the weather will be better. We couldn't do any excursions at the Grand Cayman or Jamaica because of the weather so our Stingray swim was cancelled. I was sooo bummed out.

Can't stand it - We need to book one soon! :)

Thank you! Do you think that Carnival would give me some OBC for the free publicity?? LOL! :D

Seriously though, I'm sorry your excursions got canceled. :( Maybe you can go see the stingrays on your next visit.

Hi disneyden, I discovered your review today, it's nice to put a photo to the name. You really look like a fun couple. Excellent review, great photos. Glad you found our tree, it's big enough to share with everyone. :D

I would like to add to HappyHygienist's question concerning where the tree is located. Your directions were correct if you dock at Mallory square otherwise if you dock at the navel base, you may need to ask the locals for directions, after you get off the trolley at Mallory Square.

After you exit the pier just follow the arrow and it's a short distance on the right.

063-1.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of your review. Mike

Below, is a picture of Coconuts restaurant. As I stated earlier, Coconuts is a little restaurant on a cliff overlooking the ocean on the back side of Cozumel.

From some other reviews, Coconuts restaurant is not a place to take kids there. Is that true?

We were Cozumel early this year. But we headed to Tulum directly and came back after dark. So this time, we will try to browse Cozumel.

Hi disneyden, I discovered your review today, it's nice to put a photo to the name. You really look like a fun couple. Excellent review, great photos. Glad you found our tree, it's big enough to share with everyone. :D

I would like to add to HappyHygienist's question concerning where the tree is located. Your directions were correct if you dock at Mallory square otherwise if you dock at the navel base, you may need to ask the locals for directions, after you get off the trolley at Mallory Square.

After you exit the pier just follow the arrow and it's a short distance on the right.

Hey Mike! I'm glad you found my review. Thanks for helping me with the directions to our tree. :)

From some other reviews, Coconuts restaurant is not a place to take kids there. Is that true?

We were Cozumel early this year. But we headed to Tulum directly and came back after dark. So this time, we will try to browse Cozumel.

Ummm, It's probably ok to take them there...just don't let them see the family albums. They are filled with "adult only" photos! Also, there are undergarments pinned to the ceiling of the bar area. There were children there when we were there. If I had small children, I would take them somewhere else to eat, but that's just my opinion.

Archived